Help! Need solution for no more move problem in line drawing match-3 game.

Started by
4 comments, last by Dragonsoulj 10 years, 11 months ago

Hi I'm the creater of the Running From The Dead a buggy match-3 zombie survival rpg game on iOS.

The game is play like DungeonRaid.

What should I do when there come a situation where thereis no three match available on screen?

Currently I have a trouble detecting when this is happen.

Any suggestion on detecting the event or any ways to prevent it.

Thank.

Game ScreenShot

http://i.imgur.com/ToYF4D9.jpg

Advertisement

I am also part way through developing a match 3 game on iOS but, I have done it in such a way that it scans ahead and generates new blocks so that there is almost never a situation where there is no matches left. In the very rare case where it does happen then I'm just presenting a game over but, I'm not sure what you are asking as I have never played DungeonRaid. Are you asking what should happen to your little guy at the top?

By the way your game looks good. Much better than my current programmer art :S

Since you have to have 2 adjacent pieces to create a 3-group, do a search of your entire grid for pairs. If there are no pairs, you can't make a match. If there are pairs, do a search to see if you can make 3 based on them. You will also have to find pieces that have a different piece in between them to handle cases where you switch the middle.

Since you have to have 2 adjacent pieces to create a 3-group, do a search of your entire grid for pairs. If there are no pairs, you can't make a match. If there are pairs, do a search to see if you can make 3 based on them. You will also have to find pieces that have a different piece in between them to handle cases where you switch the middle.

Thank you Dragonsoulj your way seem to look good. I'm now trying to code this to test.

You don't need two adjacent pieces to make a 3 group though. You could have piece|gap|piece and still be able to make a three group.

You don't need two adjacent pieces to make a 3 group though. You could have piece|gap|piece and still be able to make a three group.

You will also have to find pieces that have a different piece in between them to handle cases where you switch the middle.

Uh...yeah, got that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement