[ ! ] Bringing indie games to a larger audience. [ ! ]

Started by
2 comments, last by coderWalker 10 years, 11 months ago

Hello everyone!

I am part of the development team developing the Aurora Game Console. The purpose

of the Aurora Game Console is to allow all developers access to an open marketplace

while presenting the players with an indie gaming console with the power of a

gaming PC. The current problem is that it is too expensive for small indie game

companies to publish thier games for anything other than a computer or phone, which

as time goes on is a greater and greater problem. Today more and more people are

beginning to consider computers obsolite and only game on phones or consoles which

only allow small indie developers to distribute their games to a portion of the total market.

Why am I posting in the lounge? I need help. Specifically support from the community.

So what better place to start than the place where I learned the best practices for

developing games. I need developers and publishers to show interest in having their

game in the Aurora Marketplace. Pledge your game to be in the Aurora Marketplace

and have your game visible on our website as well as in upcoming promotional videos

while we are showing the marketplace. The goal is to promote an Indie Console at the same

time as drawing attention to the uniqueness of the Indie game scene.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and please consider enlisting your game in

the Aurora marketplace to be available when the console is ready. Developers can

always opt-out at any point and have no obligations by enlisting before the console is

released.

A sincere thankyou:

CoderWalker

badge.png

If this post was helpful please +1 or like it !

Webstrand
Advertisement
The topic is now in Your Announcements. Why? Because from the forum list:

Your Announcements
Make your web site or game project known to everyone. If you're going to spam our board, this is the place to do it!

Announcements of your project are fine, but they generally don't belong in the main discussion forums.

I think this is an interesting project, but I have a few questions.

What will the operating system be like? Are you developing your own Linux version or using someone else's?

What kind of processor will it run?

Your console is more expensive than the Ouya, what is your competing feature?

How soon will you have pictures of your controller?

What language(s) will developers need to know? Are you making an SDK?

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

I think this is an interesting project, but I have a few questions.

What will the operating system be like? Are you developing your own Linux version or using someone else's?

What kind of processor will it run?

Your console is more expensive than the Ouya, what is your competing feature?

How soon will you have pictures of your controller?

What language(s) will developers need to know? Are you making an SDK?

About the OS:

The operating system will be a dashboard for access to games, music, videos, the marketplace as well as friends.

The system will be based on the Linux kernel for ease of porting existing games to the console however it will be a custom distro.

Processor Brief:

Processor Speed: 3.6 GHz - 3.9 GHz Processor Cores: 4 Physical Cores L2 Cache:

4 MB

http://www.indiegameconsole.com/specs.php

Compeditive Feature:

The OUYA is basically an Android board without it's most expensive component, the screen.

Currently this console is capable of running Crysis 2 on high settings in 1080p allowing Indie

developers to create more than simplistic 2d or minimalistic 3d games.

Controller Pictures:

The consoller pictures will come after the console pictures.

A short overview can be viewed here: http://www.indiegameconsole.com/controller.php

About the programming langauge:

C++ is recommended as we are trying to support as meny linux libraries as possible.

This will allow developers to continue working with the knowledge they already have

instead of having to start from scratch learning a new scripting language.

SDK:

Yes, a game creation tool (project name Solar) with a full GUI, scripting capabilities and a built-in 3d engine

has already been planned and will allow developers to quickly create extensive 2d or 3d

games with a small learning curve. (Similar to XNA for Xbox)

If this post was helpful please +1 or like it !

Webstrand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement