What to expect for 3D design services?

Started by
1 comment, last by supesfan 10 years, 10 months ago

Hello everyone,

I was not sure where to post this, but I needed some advice.

I contacted a company called Softway solutions, which is a multimedia design company. I asked them to design me a high detailed 3D character. They told me they needed some kind of reference images (obviously) so they have an idea of what they are working with and so they can give me a quote on what it will cost me. Me not being much of an artist, I sent them some premade concept art images that I found on the web. I clearly stated that they were not my images, and that it is just an idea of what I want the charcter to look like, and that they should vary the model somewhat from the images as to avoid any copyright infringment.

They told me they can help me develop some concept art for my character before modeling to help decide what the outcome will be. I also added, that I might also ask them to rig the character for me, and basically prep it to be imported into the CryEngine 3, which is what I am using.

My question is, what should I expect the price to be around If I don't ask them to rig it,and what if I do ask them to rig it? Just to give you an idea, I am looking to get a Triple AAA quality character made.

Advertisement

My question is, what should I expect the price to be around If I don't ask them to rig it,and what if I do ask them to rig it?

Each artist charges his own fee per hour; There's no standard.

Ask them first to break down the total cost into steps.

Concept -> modelling -> texturing -> rigging -> prep\compiling for CryEngine 3.

Then negotiate with them only the steps you want to buy.

Okay thanks, I will do just that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement