VS 2005 not saving build setting and window settings

Started by
1 comment, last by LancerSolurus 10 years, 9 months ago

I have been having this issue with 1 single project for a year now. I have scoured the web multiple times looking for a solution. So here is how it all came about.

Moved from Vista to Win 7 after a nasty trojan trashed my system. Reinstalled all of the software needed to build the project and left the project in the partition it was already in. At that point when I loaded the project it always starts in debug mode, never release mode.

A few weeks ago my Seagate drive failed due to a bad flash rom version (found out afterwards it was a widespread problem with the 1 TB drives). Fortunately Seagate was nice enough to reflash the rom and I now have my code back. Thanks to Seagate, I got back over 2 years worth of code I had lost (dummy me didn't check to make sure my backups were sent to a different HD, I feel like an idiot for this one since I know better). Well now a new issue has cropped up, none of the windows that were opened will be there when I reload the project. I thought there was a setting for that one but I haven't had any luck in finding it.

This is the only project that behaves this way, unfortunately it is the project I work on the most and it is annoying to have to change it back to release mode every time I start VS and reopen all of the windows again. Does anyone know of a solution to either of these issues? None of my other projects have that problem including ones that are even older than this one.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

Advertisement
Perhaps the .suo or .user files are read-only?

If all else fails, try creating a new project in a different folder and re-add all of your source files to it.

It might also be a case where the file system user permissions are set for your Vista account still. You might want to delve into the Properties -> Security tab on the folder(s) where your project is and make sure nothing strange is afoot.

Appreciate the reply, I already tried recreating the project, still does the same thing. It really doesn't make sense since that should have cleared any project dependencies. If I could figure out where it saves the settings I would look into what it isn't saving.

BTW, (read-only) that was the first thing I checked.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement