Desert Theme- Wild Sun Burn

Started by
2 comments, last by JackMusic 10 years, 6 months ago

Hya, My Name is Marvin Valentin, im a Composer. I'm new in here, Please Check this new composition i made for a Fan Game, let me know what u think:

artworks-000059760235-e1myb6-t200x200.jp

Click the Pic to check the Song! wink.png

Advertisement

Ohhh! So funky! Didn't see it coming at the beginning!

Really like the way the one theme keeps coming back

At 1:00-1:02 you could have just a small interjection between the marcato string notes from some other instrument - nothing continuous but just a small echo or something.

Maybe develop some of your backing ideas e.g. at 1:51 that little idea is great - it could become part of a new section to keep things more integrated.

If you feel the tonality getting boring (I do but that's just me and often people disagree) you could try a different mode. PM me if you don't know what I'm on about. Might be a terrible idea though.

Overall really good selection of instruments and quite original in their combination. Great sense of rhythm and variety.

Ohhh! So funky! Didn't see it coming at the beginning!

Really like the way the one theme keeps coming back

At 1:00-1:02 you could have just a small interjection between the marcato string notes from some other instrument - nothing continuous but just a small echo or something.

Maybe develop some of your backing ideas e.g. at 1:51 that little idea is great - it could become part of a new section to keep things more integrated.

If you feel the tonality getting boring (I do but that's just me and often people disagree) you could try a different mode. PM me if you don't know what I'm on about. Might be a terrible idea though.

Overall really good selection of instruments and quite original in their combination. Great sense of rhythm and variety.

Thanks alot, i was thinking and thinking how i can do the sections different. im starting to learn new things about composing , so im not good yet. I will, if u can show me new things, i will be glad to learn it xD

Ok cool so a mode is a sequence of notes like a scale. Your piece is in A minor, so uses note ABCDEFG#A. You start and end on A most of the time and the other most important note is E, the fifth, which you also go to a lot. This is a good thing and makes your piece sound 'right'. To change the mode you'd change the first note of your scale so it ends up something like DEFG#ABCD. Now you have a mode of the A minor scale that starts on D. Change the underlying chords so they reinforce it - e.g. D minor (DFA), A minor (ACE), D minor (DFA), A major (AC#E). Stay like this for a section of your piece and see what you come up with.

When you change mode or key, you can also change the backing texture so it has a bit of a different feel. This makes it better when you go back to your A minor section.

You could use DEFGABCD, leaving the G as a natural instead of sharp. This would give you a more common mode, which is called 'Dorian', but might lose some of your oriental flavour.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement