Something Weird This Way Comes - Music Feedback

Started by
1 comment, last by Canslli 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello!
My name is Ricardo and i'm new around here.
I've been making music for a while now, but sometimes i feel the need for some feedback, but that doesn't happen really often.
So, i would like your opinion on this track:
I did this one after listening to one of the tracks from the game The Stanley Parable, called Following Stanley. I tried to make it sound something like that, but i don't know if it worked. = ]
Advertisement

Interesting score! I liked it overall. Quite a bit actually. I felt like the mallets were a tad too loud in the mix but not by much. I didn't care for the last chord - it wasn't prepped enough, in my opinion. If you're going to use dissonance in a comedic way, then prepping it a bit earlier (i.e. more chromaticism) could be more effective.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks for answering Nathan.
About the last chord: actually, it was only to test a different chord from the original one and see how it sounded. But at the end, i left it there. But you're right, for the music to have a comedic feeling, i have to change some things first.
Yeah, i tought the mallets were a little bit loud too, but i only became aware of that when i listened to it after uploading. I don't know why i didn't caught that before. Maybe because of the headfones i was using.
Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement