Is gaming on console dying?

Started by
53 comments, last by warhound 10 years, 5 months ago
Advertisement

ActiveUnique,

By comparison, High school varsity football is for kids and college or pro football is for adults, so consoles for kids and laptops for adults is about right. happy.png

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

It's the same idea with mobile gaming. Look at iPhones and powerful Android phones. They're all just as powerful if not more than the 3DS or Vita. The handhelds mainly have it's games going for them, but also they have a proper controller.

Actually, I'd say mobile is a good indicator here. Modern smartphones are essentially pocket general purpose computers that have a specific interface.

They've essentially already killed the compact camera market, and it's becoming an increasingly hard sell to justify a separate device that only does gaming.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

and it's becoming an increasingly hard sell to justify a separate device that only does gaming

I not longer play handheld games (on phones or gaming specific handhelds) but Nintendo would argue it's 34 million 3DS sales are nothing to laugh at.

In general there are a lot of opinions being thrown around in this thread without any facts and figures to back them up.

so consoles for kids and laptops for adults is about right. ^_^

Do you realize that you're insulting millions of people (average console gamer being over 30) because you don't like their choice of product, or is it unintentional?
O_o

or is it unintentional?

What with tying platform preference to youth, a mother complex, and social ineptitude, how could it not be?

I LIKE their choice of product. No offense, dislike, annoyance, ah.. ah.. ah.. seriousness or anything like that is felt in me. I am at peace about the whole thing.

Interesting how other people take offense at the reality being exposed. I'm not saying that you are offended, but I know that the truth hurts many over-sensitive people out there, but that is their choice.

It is far better to acknowledge the realities of this "mama's boy" country that the USA has become and work toward getting back to emotional, intellectual, and financial independence.

There really are millions of "mama's boys" who are legally adults but residing at their mother's house and still using the same console that mommy bought them. At some point they should mature to acquire hardware which they purchased with their own money and is more powerful and flexible adult oriented hardware.

That would be too much true liberty for many mama's boys to achieve.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

and it's becoming an increasingly hard sell to justify a separate device that only does gaming

I not longer play handheld games (on phones or gaming specific handhelds) but Nintendo would argue it's 34 million 3DS sales are nothing to laugh at.

which itself is a tiny number compared to the hundreds of millions of smartphones sales every year.

Besides, I said it's "becoming an increasingly hard sell", i.e. it is changing over time.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

The technology exists to use a smart phone as a gameplay controller of a console and companies have been looking into this in the last few years. As fickle as the consumer is, who knows if it will never fly or become the next big thing.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

I LIKE their choice of product. No offense, dislike, annoyance, ah.. ah.. ah.. seriousness or anything like that is felt in me. I am at peace about the whole thing.

Interesting how other people take offense at the reality being exposed. I'm not saying that you are offended, but I know that the truth hurts many over-sensitive people out there, but that is their choice.

It is far better to acknowledge the realities of this "mama's boy" country that the USA has become and work toward getting back to emotional, intellectual, and financial independence.

There really are millions of "mama's boys" who are legally adults but residing at their mother's house and still using the same console that mommy bought them. At some point they should mature to acquire hardware which they purchased with their own money and is more powerful and flexible adult oriented hardware.

That would be too much true liberty for many mama's boys to achieve.

Look at the thread title, then look at me, now look at this post, then to the thread title, now look at me...

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement