Server-side development for real-time iOS multiplayer games

Started by
10 comments, last by Nextpeer 10 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the link - however if I was going to use an off-the-shelf server middle ware tool, I'd go for SmartFoxServer (Java based), purely because I've worked with it on multiple projects in the past.

We use ElectroServer at work for connecting iOS and Android clients to the same game. There is nothing special going on because they are mobile devices. Client and server interaction is the same as if you were on a PC. Our games are a regular socket connection to the server as well as a few HTTP calls for some non game related services.

SmartFox has both iOS and Android clients, is pretty well battle tested, and is designed for real time games in mind. There any reason not to go that route other then the hefty license cost?

Advertisement

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that my company, Nextpeer, provides an amazing real-time iOS multiplayer solution. We have perfected it over the past few years and now you can integrate it into all your games for FREE. We allow users to see other players, we have a system in place in case users aren't online that you can play against a recording of a past performance and much much more.

If you have any question please email our team at support@nextpeer.com and we will happily assist you with anything you need.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement