Which Game development role is the best for me?

Started by
12 comments, last by Demx 10 years, 3 months ago

Out of curiousity why do you want to get into game development? Judging from your post you dont seem to like many of the aspects involved with making a game. You ruled out design, programming, writing and some graphics with your list.

Advertisement

Harshness ahead.

"Which Game development role is the best for me?"

None. What makes you think you belong in this industry in the first place?

You like playing games. That has nothing to do with making them. Making them is like fifteen percent fun, eighty percent tedious dedication, and five percent misery. Loving to create is a totally different ballgame than loving to play. And when you love to create, the role tends to emerge naturally. It's what you want to do, without being prompted or pushed. It's what you'd do if you could do anything in the world. And it's what you're willing to spend your time on, day after day and hour after hour. For years. I don't see any trace of commitment or dedication in what you gave. You tried a few things and immediately gave up. That gets you nowhere in game development, which is about sweat and tears. Bite the bullet and commit fully to what you'd like to do, and be prepared to spend the years it takes to learn. Otherwise, move on and keep games as purely an entertainment part of your life.

Alternate answer: QA dept.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

- i am getting realy fast bored

This is something you need to consider; if you get bored fast, maybe making games isn't your call.

Alternate answer: QA dept.

lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement