Looking for the right application to develop a Lobby

Started by
2 comments, last by Nathan2222_old 10 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone

I'm working on a proyect for the university. I need to develop a lobby similar to the one that "League of Legends" has

An application with requires and account, and once you are logged in you can add friends, chat with them, and start a game related with it.

My question is, what should I use to develop the lobby?

I would like to use Java or C++ as programming language, just because those are the languages that I control the most, but I could learn others. I've been reading about CEGUI, but I would like to know other options and your opinion about it.

League of legends lobby is made in Adobe AIR, but I don't see that like a good option because everything I see in the forums of the game are complains about how it works.

What I want is an application that helps me a lot with the appariance of the application but giving me enough freedom to customize my buttons and skins. So I can focus on programming everything that works beyond the application but without forgiving the design.

Thanks very much

Advertisement

Of the 2 languages you mentioned, it would take less time to develop in Java.

Server/Client socket I/O, and graphics interface can be created in less than a day by an experienced programmer .

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Going with Java seems the easier way.

Depending if you want to dive into the Socket API in Java you could also take a look at the framework Kryonet: https://code.google.com/p/kryonet/

Follow my hobby projects:

Ognarion Commander (Java/LIBGDX): https://github.com/OlafVanSchlacht/ognarion-commander

For appearance, i could say Qt (but it uses c++)

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement