Makefile Problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Agincourt 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m in a C++ class in college and having a little trouble with my makefile. We''re using a unix version of g++ and we have to write our own makefiles. Supposedly this is somehow easier than using MSVC++ or some crap like that. anyway - my makefile doesn''t quite work correctly. I can get it to work but it won''t work the way I need it to to get any grade at all on my project assign6 : String.o assign6.o g++ -Wall -o assign6 assign6.o String.o String.o : String.h String.C g++ -Wall -c String.h String.C assign6.o : assign6.C String.h g++ -Wall -c assign6.C String.h clean : -rm *.o assign6 there it is. When I type make at the prompt it tells me this - g++ -Wall -c String.h String.C g++: Compilation of header file requested *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `String.o'' If I type "make String.o" and then make it goes without a hitch, but if it doesn''t make by only typing make I get a 0. if anyone could help that''d be great. Use the WriteCoolGame() function Works every time
Use the WriteCoolGame() functionWorks every time
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Agincourt
g++ -Wall -c String.h String.C

Remove the header file from this (and all similar) line.
Thanks alot Oluseyi

Use the WriteCoolGame() function
Works every time
Use the WriteCoolGame() functionWorks every time

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement