First Things to Do in Bringing a Game into Business

Started by
3 comments, last by Ahmad Ridwan Fauzi 9 years, 11 months ago

Maybe there are a lot of topics which have the same topic as mine, but I just need an advice to build a game dev company. Right now, I have a team to build a game. It's about a month ago I have formed my team. I haven't made a single game before, so this is the first time I make a game. But I feel that my team makes me hard to make a progress, since they're thinking too much about what happens next if we do something. So till now I haven't made any progress but a game concept only (even the concept has been changed about three times). Should I:

1. For the mean time, I build the game on my own so that they're convinced about my intention regarding making a game;
  2. I should stick with my friends. But what should I do next?
  3. Do you have any other advices?

Thanks for reading my topic. Any suggestion from you would be very grateful to me.

Thanks for your attention

Advertisement

You dont have any experiences in making games and want to create a game with a team, which dont have any experiences too ?

For the mean time, I build the game on my own so that they're convinced about my intention regarding making a game;

Well, this would be a good idea, make a small game to learn what is necessary to actually create a game. One or two small games to start with would be a good idea....

I should stick with my friends. But what should I do next?

Well, this would be a good idea too, have some fun with a small team, try to motivate each other, try to teach and learn from each other. Make a small prototype.

Do you have any other advices?

If you dont have any experiences, dont try to make a commercial game (no reason to create a dev company). Try to learn and have fun, but as soon as money enters the stage, or atleast the ambition to earn money, it gets complicated, stressful and a lot less funny... Creating a game is really lot of work and the underestimated by beginners by far. Try to start small, with either small games or with modding an existing game engine. Both will help you to establish a feeling about what is needed to create a game.

Thanks for your reply Ashaman73

You dont have any experiences in making games and want to create a game with a team, which dont have any experiences too ?

Yes, we all don't have any experience in making a game. At the moment, I make a team so that I can learn together with them

If you dont have any experiences, dont try to make a commercial game (no reason to create a dev company). Try to learn and have fun, but as soon as money enters the stage, or atleast the ambition to earn money, it gets complicated, stressful and a lot less funny.

That's my goal from the first time I have in my mind to make a game. But I think you'd wanna say rushing too early to commercialize isn't that good, do you?

Thanks in advance. :)

Should I:

You should be coding cool.png

Should I:

You should be coding cool.png

hha, nice joke anyway

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement