How to install latest SharpDX from GitRepository.

Started by
2 comments, last by Bacterius 9 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

I have SharpDX 2.6.3 synced in GitHub. But I'm not sure on how to actually install it, other than how I've done it in the past and just copied the bin folder and the documentaions folder over to my main drive. But should I also copy packages and external or not?

Thanks for any help.

Gavin

Advertisement

Hi,

I have SharpDX 2.6.3 synced in GitHub. But I'm not sure on how to actually install it, other than how I've done it in the past and just copied the bin folder and the documentaions folder over to my main drive. But should I also copy packages and external or not?

Thanks for any help.

Gavin

If you are not trying to build it, you only need the bin directory.

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHook, Shared Memory (IPC), SharpDisasm (x86/64 disassembler in C#)

@spazzarama

I did build it successfully from source. So just copying the bin folder is enough then. I wasn't sure because I've read that nuget is being used and I thought that maybe nuget was going to become the only way to install it properly. But if i can just copy the bin folder, than that's ok.

Thanks.

I did build it successfully from source. So just copying the bin folder is enough then. I wasn't sure because I've read that nuget is being used and I thought that maybe nuget was going to become the only way to install it properly. But if i can just copy the bin folder, than that's ok.

Thanks.

Nuget is just a tool integrated into the IDE that lets you manage dependencies easier (automatically downloads assemblies and adds them to your references so you don't have to set it up yourself). You don't have to use it, for most libraries (SharpDX included) all you need is to add the managed DLL(s) to your project references and you're good to go.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement