Strategy of game design for robust In-App-Purchase?

Started by
4 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 10 months ago

Hi.

So I now want to make mobile RPG game for global market.

I need to know robust in-app-purchase structure design algorithm for earn more than investment money and develope time(over $150,000 and 6 months).

Have any good tips for share?

Thanks.

www.perfectionofwisdom.com

Advertisement

The app market comes down to more of a lottery then anything else. But the average conversion rate on in app purchase is 2.5% With the likely hood of an individual making a purchase dropping drastically every day from the time they first install the app.

To hit you target of $150,000 in 6 months, or $25,000 a month assuming you you achieve an average monthly spend of $100 less 30% transaction fee you would need about 14,300 active users with 357 of them being paying users. $100 is a very high monthly spend so you should probably assume it will be much lower say $10 in which case all those numbers have to go up proportionally. The 10% rule also generally applies with 50% of revenue coming from 10% of paying users. They are the ones willing to payout $50 on in app purchase so make sure you have something for them.

Getting to 150,000 active users is a monumental challenge. Your app might get lucky enough to be a break out hit and spread likely wildfire but generally the only way to hit those levels is through marketing spend. Ads, paid installs, etc...

There is no robust formula that will guarantee financial success.

I'm sorry to say it, but if you're in this to make money you're really in the wrong business. If you make a great game and marketing goes well, you might get lucky and make some money from it, but the overwhelming majority of games struggle to even break even let alone make a large profit.

Concentrate on making a great game that you would love to play yourself.

- Jason Astle-Adams

There is no robust formula that will guarantee financial success.

I'm sorry to say it, but if you're in this to make money you're really in the wrong business. If you make a great game and marketing goes well, you might get lucky and make some money from it, but the overwhelming majority of games struggle to even break even let alone make a large profit.

Concentrate on making a great game that you would love to play yourself.

There *IS* a robust formula that will almost guarantee success, but it is far from simple, requires several years of experience to master, and even then, may be obscure to apply.

Some people's job is to simply track metrics and adjust pricing strategies and economies to maximize revenue (I've even been doing that for a while). It is a very complex job, and may be impossible without the appropriate metrics.

My advice:

- Find someone very skilled to come up with a good day 1 strategy (pre-launch).

- Find someone very skilled to implement the right metrics into your game.

- Find someone very skilled to keep track of post-launch sales and steer the model towards profitabily.

Depending on the type of game/market, I may be able to assist further.

There *IS* a robust formula that will almost guarantee success, but it is far from simple, requires several years of experience to master, and even then, may be obscure to apply.
Some people's job is to simply track metrics and adjust pricing strategies and economies to maximize revenue (I've even been doing that for a while). It is a very complex job, and may be impossible without the appropriate metrics.

My advice:
- Find someone very skilled to come up with a good day 1 strategy (pre-launch).
- Find someone very skilled to implement the right metrics into your game.
- Find someone very skilled to keep track of post-launch sales and steer the model towards profitabily.

Depending on the type of game/market, I may be able to assist further.

Hi.

So I am targeting android/iOS mobile market, and worldwidely global targeting, RPG+minigame type.

and live in s.korea, can't find that sort of person you said.

I need help.

www.perfectionofwisdom.com

Sent you a PM.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement