Licenses

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 9 years, 10 months ago

Hello,

I have at the moment a small project alongside university and we are developing a rts. Therefore we are currently using the student version of Autodesk to create the assets, since my 3D artists learned with it and we do not have the money to buy those licenses yet. But we intend to do that before we go commercial, via marketing or sponsoring. The question is now does Autodesk care if we still use assets made with the student version?

Since at this point we have the licenses..and they got their money and it would be just not possible to find sponsors and then start over from scratch.

Hope someone can give me some advise.

regards,

Gerlon

Advertisement
This question doesn't belong in the Job Advice board. Moving to Business.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

While you are a student working on student projects, you can use the student editions.

The licenses are very clear. From the Autodesk website: Any software provided through ARC may only be used for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by a qualified educational institution and may not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.

You can use the academic license for anything related to your educational instruction.

If you want to develop a for-profit product, or if you are doing something that is not directly related to instruction, you need to buy the non-academic version.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement