I want to show you something

Started by
4 comments, last by Madhed 9 years, 9 months ago

I've worked on a small and simple project tool.

http://tab-away.de/projecttool/

The main idea was to make it as intuitive and distraction free as possible.

Currently there is not much you can do except create post-its notes that you can drag around on the board.

The toolbar opens when you hover over the left screen edge.

you can drag notes on top of the trash symbol in the toolbar to delete them.

The state is currently stored in the HTML5 localStorage, so don't invest too much time, it will be gone if you clear your browser's data. ;)

I've tested it in current chrome, firefox and internet explorer 11.

Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas.

I plan to eventually make it into a collaborative real time tool with chat, graphs and other cool stuff.

Advertisement

I like the simple and clean design of it - couldnt find any bugs, it does what it does well :)

Only suggestion i have is to turn the cursor into a move cursor when hovering over a part of the note that would allow me to pickup and drag it.

Did you test on any touch devices? I got quite a few here if you need any testing done.

Only suggestion i have is to turn the cursor into a move cursor when hovering over a part of the note that would allow me to pickup and drag it.

Yeah, good point. Let me create a note for that. biggrin.png

I've opened it on a nexus 5 and while it displays just fine, I can't do anything because I'm currently just listening to mouse events.

But that is something I will definetely improve next. I think it'd be nice if you could edit the board on your ipad while others are watching on a big screen for example.

I'll post here for news.

-1 for Comic Sans.

JK, I don't actually have anything else for the "cursive" font family.

heh, yeah I was going for a handwritten look on the notes.

Consider this version 0.1 pre alpha

New features:

* as per iamvegu's request the mouse cursor changes when you can drag an element

* bottom right "global" switch. Click it to see an overview. Click anywhere on the board to zoom in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement