Alpha testers wanted

Started by
0 comments, last by Takemura 9 years, 9 months ago

Hi,

I just created a flash game and I want to see if everything is working smoothly as well as general feedback on gameplay. Now the campaign is nowhere near finished, but all of the mechanics and what nots are done. I finished the tutorial for the game and I want you guys to test it to see how far anyone can go before a bug pops and also feedback on how good it is. If it is pretty fun I will add a sandbox mode where one doesn't have to follow the campaign.

This is a simulation type game. It isn't heavy on the details, but there are some things you can do in it. Basically you are a blacksmith that runs a shop.

Link Here: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/785009/preview

Any feedback is very helpful ^_^ *constructive criticisms please*

Thanks

~ CDos ~

Advertisement
Alright, I played it for a little bit and there are a few things that I encountered that I thought I should mention.
I will list them in the order of importance I find them.
*(This may be due to my ignorance though) I believe the game should have the ability to have some tooltips appear when you are accomplishing things for the first time. I had quite the trouble figuring out how you produce items for the customer. It would be handy if a a little box appeared saying something along the lines of what is said about it in one of the tutorial slides.
*On the same note of tooltips, I feel it would nice if there were some form of tooltips for the resources/stats that are at the left of the screen.
Now then, I encountered a few bugs as well which I will talk about now.
*When you complete the tutorial once, if you attempt to go through it again it will not go past the "Welcome to the blacksmith's son..." screen.
*For some reason, when I was producing items for the customers I ended up with -2 bronze ignots. It seems a bit unrealistic for such a thing to be allowed.
*The game does not currently allow you to start a new game. When you attempt to start a new game, it loads the old game.
*In the introduction screen, there is a spelling error in which 'hop' is used in place of 'shop' (" Unfortunately, you haven't worked in his hop in 24 years.")
I would have played longer, but I trapped myself in a situation which I have 0 money, can't make anymore, and can't start a new game =P
I wish I could give you feedback on what I think of the actual game-play, but I am not personally very interested in this game genre. I hope you find my feedback useful in some-way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement