How to make finding objects fun for a kid in my game?

Started by
4 comments, last by wodinoneeye 9 years, 6 months ago

Need Tips and guidance for designing a Hidden Object Type Game for kids and tweens.

Can anybody help? #gamedev

Advertisement

#gamedev? Is this a tweet?

Anyway, you just have to make the objects fun or silly things to find for young kids. You can make them do something absurd when found also. It will almost all come down to your art assets and animations to reward them for finding the objects, and the jokes you come up with that those assets will need to embody.

I suggest doing a ton of research on successful kids games. Pajama Sam comes to mind, as well as pretty much everything that company made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humongous_Entertainment

ok. Point noted, thanks

StarMire and ferrous

Actually I am thinking about building on levels on the idea 'What kids generally want to become when they grow'

I mean if its a doctor, the player will have to 1st find all the medical related equipments camouflaged in the level and then the in-game character dresses up and animates like a doctor at the end of the level.

Actually I am thinking about building on levels on the idea 'What kids generally want to become when they grow'

I mean if its a doctor, the player will have to 1st find all the medical related equipments camouflaged in the level and then the in-game character dresses up and animates like a doctor at the end of the level.

Interesting... well, that probably won't work for tweens, but it could be fun for really young kids. The 3-6 year old demographic maybe.

#gamedev? Is this a tweet?

Anyway, you just have to make the objects fun or silly things to find for young kids. You can make them do something absurd when found also. It will almost all come down to your art assets and animations to reward them for finding the objects, and the jokes you come up with that those assets will need to embody.

Thats what I was going to suggest - and have the things vary more so as not to become routine (amusing to suprises to big suprises)

Actually come to think of it the same goes for 'kids of all ages'.....

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement