Good Boost Serialization Tutorials

Started by
1 comment, last by ankhd 9 years, 5 months ago

Hello,

I am attempting to create save/load functions for my current project, using Boost serialization.

There are a few good tutorials out there, each explaining how to write different objects and STL containers.

The situation is, that most of them won't actually complie.

I get errors when using BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SPLIT_MEMBER(), saying that an explicit type name is missing.

I get many, many other compile errors, which is strange, because I'm using identical IDEs and environment setups while using the tutorial code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thank you,

Kevin J

Advertisement

You probably have some unlucky combination of obsolete tutorial code, compiler version and configuration, Boost version and configuration, and compiler invocation options. Which unlucky combination, is very hard to tell without details.

You should start from the official Boost Serialization manual, write very minimal test programs, and discover when and why this BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SPLIT_MEMBER macro appears.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Hi there.

Just been through the same thing with errors and stuff. You may just need to create a new app. and build the binary files.

heres a link to my post it should help, after all the link errors are fixed its verey easy to get serialization working.

You need to build the binary for the compiler version you have.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement