Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Working on Graphics engine for Nintendo Systems

Started by Infinity8378 Dec 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM 0 replies 700+ views
Original Post
Infinity8378
Infinity8378

Working on Graphics Engine for Nintendo Systems. It should work on both Wii and Wii U allowing them to use Global Illumination and Shaders without much memory footprint. Considering that the Verticies array will be batched and the GPU-based Computational Arrays will be in edram for speed most of the other stuff will be in CPU cache or GPU cache because it's not very big though it could be read in from ram if need be. I haven't ironed everything out because I don't have a dev kit but I know some things about the system. For those that may have a dev kit if you see any reason this would have an issue please don't hesitate to comment. So far it compiles in java so once I get the engine sorted out I can port it to C++.

CulDeVu
CulDeVu

First off, please don't double post, especially the same thing under different names: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/663682-global-illumination-and-shader-engine/

Second, you should consider doing a write-up instead of posting a youtube video with a code-dump inside of it. It'd be a lot more accessible that way.

I'm not actually affiliated with Nintendo or its dev-kit, so I can't tell you one way or another it'd work, sorry.

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone   "Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat  

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.