Sol-Ark [WiP] New devlog (23/07/2015 CheckPoint)

Started by
57 comments, last by Alex Martial 8 years, 9 months ago
Hello, everyone! We are publishing the seventh article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features - Skeletal animation for sprites
This week Sol-Ark is showing off its skeletal animation engine. This is how we create sprites, by hand, that will populate our game world and carry out the player’s will and commands.
Medics_layers.png
Each sprite can be made of more than 20 layers, some of which you may see exploded and bloody in the game after a meteorite impact or enemy assault.
Advertisement
Hello, everyone!
Also we are updating this thread with a regular news about devlog.
[VIDEO]https:
[/VIDEO]
Check all works which were performed by Sol-Ark's team this week. Look at new screenshots, gifs and video (screenshots compilation);

Just wanted to say I've been following this for a while, and you're doing a great job so far.

I don't see the survey you're linking to, though.

*Edit* Also, I heard about this game from reading Gamedev, so posting here does gather attention even if no one responds biggrin.png

Hey, @conquestor3!

Thanks for your support and feedback. To participate in survey you need to go on our website - there is SQL with it. But it'll appear only once, so you need be careful with that )) - this is our protection from trolls and bots.

If you'll not be able to take a part in survey still - just send me a message here and I'll send you alternative link in PM.

Thanks for your assistance and interest for our project. Stay tuned and good luck!

Hello, everyone! We are publishing the eighth article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Life support systems
Crew_life-supporting.jpg
In Sol-Ark you will have the sole responsibility of keeping the crew of your space voyage alive and healthy. Well, as alive and healthy as you can manage. Life support systems need to be constructed to preserve their interstellar habitat, and stop them from leaping out of airlocks or lighting the V.I. system on fire.
2015apr4_4_ox.png
Hello, everyone!
We are updating our thread with new video and the latest devlog.
Take a look how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes.
2015apr6_16.png
[video]https:
[/video]
Hello, everyone! We are publishing the ninth article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Crew Morale
CrewMorale1.jpg
Astronauts today are heralded as some of the bravest and most noble members of our species. In the future some space explorers are emotionally volatile sacks of skin that need you to be their baby sitter and make sure they behave. In Sol-Ark you will have to monitor the crew’s morale, which can range from different levels of happiness, anger, depression and aloofness.
A crew members morale will dictate certain aspects of their behavior, especially when given a task to perform. If you ask an agitated and angered NPC to fix a power transmitter they may damage it, themselves, or even cause it to short circuit and zap any crew in the vicinity. Scrubbing electrically popped astronaut guts off your space ship floor is not how you want to spend your time, trust me.
Hello, everyone! We are publishing the tenth article from a series aboutmain Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Exploration
Exploring.jpg
Drifting out in space are mysteries waiting to show your astronauts secrets. They might also bite their heads off, you never know.
There will be plenty of things to explore in the many systems you’ll travel to in Sol-Ark. Derelict ships, stations, and outposts with questionable purposes float aimlessly with guarded treasure and shadowed enemies.
IMG_17042015_235430.png
Hello, friends!
We are updating Sol-Ark's page by new devlog (14/04/2015 CheckPoint) and new gameplay video.
All graphics and gameplay features are a work in progress.
Look, how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes!
2015apr13_3.png
[video=youtube;8Ffp6l5h9qI]https:
[/video]

Have you thought about creating a Dev Journal here on this site? It would be great to see a few post about your progress through that method, because followers would be automatically be notified about each post and help maintain a bigger fan user-base.

P.S.

The game looks great!

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement