Sol-Ark [WiP] New devlog (23/07/2015 CheckPoint)

Started by
57 comments, last by Alex Martial 8 years, 9 months ago

Have you thought about creating a Dev Journal here on this site? It would be great to see a few post about your progress through that method, because followers would be automatically be notified about each post and help maintain a bigger fan user-base.

P.S.

The game looks great!

Thanks for advice! I'll do this in near time.

Also, thank you for your kind words. I deeply appreciate this!

Advertisement
Hello, friends!
We are updating Sol-Ark's page with a new devlog (22/04/2015 CheckPoint) and a new images.
All graphics and gameplay features are a work in progress.
Look, how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes!
2015apr20_24.png
2015apr20_13.png

Hello, guys! I want to share with you my last article on Tuts+ about necessity of GDD creation, common mistakes with that and some tips (from our experience) how we can avoid them.

Every indie developer or team has asked themselves how best to manage the development process. Is it obligatory to use detailed documentation, such as the legendary game design document (GDD)? What are the most common mistakes, and how can they be avoided?

For those who have searched for answers to these questions, I want to share our team's experience of creating our GDD.

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/how-and-why-to-write-a-great-game-design-document--cms-23545

Hello, everyone! We are publishing the eleventh article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Ability to save/load the game
Game_Over.jpg
Game Over. It happens to most people at least once while playing a game. It will almost certainly happen to you while playing ours. We’re still coming up with all the conditions that result in a Game Over, but here are a few that are being worked on now.
2015apr24_37b.png
Hello, friends!
We are updating this thread with a new devlog (28/04/2015 CheckPoint) and a new images.
Stay with us and look, how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes!
2015apr28_16.png
2015apr28_20.png
Hello, everyone! We are publishing the twelfth article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Control systems
1.jpg
Monitoring your ship’s systems could be a full time job. But with angry pirates, alien infections, and intercosmic masers constantly threatening your existence you can’t always be micromanaging your
systems. That’s why you’ll have the ability to set systems to run automatically or be subjected to the errors of manual control.
2015may1_30.png
DEVLOG #50 (05/05/2015 CheckPoint)
Hello, friends!
We are updating this thread with a new devlog (05/05/2015 CheckPoint) and a new gameplay video.
Stay with us and look, how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes!
P.S. On community's demand I've spent more than 6 hours, fixing all our threads on different forums and portals. First of all, I deleted (but left their links) all visible gifs from previous posts, excepting the zero post and last messages.
My apologies to everyone who had troubles with that. From now, we'll use gifs only in the first and in the last messages.
2015may4_20.png
[video=youtube;AVSlHZZXUNE]https:
[/video]
Hello, everyone! We are publishing a regular article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Star system map level!
Space is huge. Simulating vast interplanetary expanses on a screen is something we’ve thought about a great deal, and we have some secrets to share in regards to its exploration. Sol-Ark’s System Map will give you an overview of the entire solar system you and your crew have warped into. All the space shown is playable.
2015may8_1.png
Hello, friends!
We are updating this thread with a new devlog (13/05/2015 CheckPoint) and a new gameplay video.
Stay with us and look, how Sol-Ark is evolving right before your eyes!
2015may11_4.png
[video]https:
[/video]
Hello, friends! We are publishing a regular article from a series about main Sol-Ark's features of gameplay - Local space map level!
Space is a vast and wild frontier. Survival on its fringes often boils down to tried and true violence. You’ll need to fully understand your ship’s systems and its offensive/defensive capabilities if you don’t want to be torn apart by other vessels lurking in the dark.
2015may15_7.png
[video=youtube;CAMFO2BG-4I]https:
[/video]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement