What Are You Working On

Started by
85 comments, last by walsh06 9 years ago

Been working on my 3d and 2d game engines, C# based shading language and relevant tools for the past 4 months.

I had rendering working nicely but then I decided to switch to a multithreaded gameloop and the AZDO model so I'm still getting the ubershader generator and texture arrays set up.

Also been working on designs for my survival horror game with some quick renderings (in blender)

http://i.imgur.com/QL0Xw4q.jpg

I'd love to get results like that in my game engine but that's still far off.

I've also been thinking about sphere-trees for compute shader physics and from the same data, distance-field global illumination, but I'm not sure if that will be feasible.

Other than that I'm doing on and off research on game AI and procedural art and music.

Actually I've been working on the game engines for almost 2 years but I didn't get satisfied with my engine design until a few months ago (as a result I made a lot of rewrites).

Oh and when I'm not doing any of the above, I'm watching anime!

Advertisement

Been working tirelessly on Looptil. I created a beta build for people to playtest this week. Ever since this project began, I've been getting large amounts of positive feedback. Let's hope that this does well! Plays nicely on most machines so far.

Supported platforms:

- Windows (via Steam)

- MacOSX

- iOS

- Android

- Blackberry10

Future support planned for:

- Debian Linux

- Windows Phone 8

- Windows RT

- PSVita

- Wii U

Since screenshots don't really do the game much justice, I created a quick GIF (from an old build) that quickly gets the point across. I really need to create another trailer, but it's kind of a challenge since Fraps is the only suitable recording tool for my game.

Note: Direct3D11 mode is broken; no AA-lines and missing optimized particle effects because of some bugs in the ANGLE library (Microsoft's OpenGL ES 2.0 wrapper for Windows, WP8 and Metro).

Requirements:

- CPU: 2.0Ghz or greater will suffice

- GPU: OpenGL 2.0 or Direct3D11 compatible GPU

- RAM: 1GB or more.

- Misc: High precision mouse or trackpad recommended.

Download:
- Windows (27mb)

- MacOSX (36mb)

Time attack in action:

01.gif

I hope you all enjoy playing Looptil as much as I enjoyed writing it so far! :)

Shogun

Why would you want to support Debian? Afaik that's mostly used as a server platform

Why would you want to support Debian? Afaik that's mostly used as a server platform

It is also the root of Ubuntu and apparently SteamOS. Not really familiar with distribution on Linux, but my understanding is that starting with a root OS makes support with projects derived from it fairly easy in most cases.

As for what I'm working on in the last while:

Web site and related mobile tools for use by a sports team statistics system used for training and feedback.

Early stages of an embedded systems and related controllers of a concept prototype for a flexible short range heavy air-lifter platform that is designed to be used to replace helicopters or cranes used to move heavy equipment short distances. (Think super big brother to a quadcopter on steroids. Build to be assembled around the item in a flexible frame system that is configured for a specific lift profile. Easier to transport and assemble on site compared to a helicopter, and scalable to the load involved. Will probably never go beyond scale model concept testing, but I'm having fun anyway.)

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
I use debian as my work desktop and at home on my wife's laptop and it works great as a desktop os without all the oddness of Ubuntu trying to be overly user friendly...

I always wanted to make a ray tracer, so I started working on one (C++).

It doesn't do much yet, but here's what it currently looks like: http://puu.sh/h2rwj/bbbdf4f406.jpg

The end goal is to offload all of this work onto the GPU (with OpenCL) to get a reasonable render time.

It is also the root of Ubuntu and apparently SteamOS. Not really familiar with distribution on Linux, but my understanding is that starting with a root OS makes support with projects derived from it fairly easy in most cases.

This. There are many Linux distros that are based on Debian, Ubuntu, SteamOS and Mint (my choice) to name a few. In theory, if you support Debian, you support it's derivatives, hence you are killing multiple birds with one stone.

Shogun.

Me and a friend are working on an RTS with heavy economic focus. It's largely inspired by The Settlers 3/4 and the Anno series, so lots of resource/production chains.

We have a core with units running around, carrying resources and building stuff, and it supports network play. Our main issue at the moment is that we lack content, and we are really not sure what to do about it, which kills motivation.

I always wanted to make a ray tracer, so I started working on one (C++).

It doesn't do much yet, but here's what it currently looks like: http://puu.sh/h2rwj/bbbdf4f406.jpg

Wow.

Heres a short video of my FYP.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement