New kind of game concept?

Started by
13 comments, last by dsm1891 9 years ago

Hey guys! I found this game article. I wonder if its a new kind of game concept to make people want to play games. It's a game where the developer willing to give gold for playing the game:

Clearing the first 200 stages with 3 stars : will give you a chance to win 2grams of pure 99.9% gold

Clearing the first 300 stages with 3 stars : will give you a chance to win 3grams of pure 99.9% gold

Clearing the first 400 stages with 3 stars : will give you a chance to win 4grams of pure 99.9% gold

What you guys think about it?

Advertisement

firstly, im not going to wave my finger and say you're the developer, posting here for some hopefully pledges, but it sure looks like that (You have no other posts at all on this forum, and joined up (at: 09:31) to seemingly only post this (at: 09:38)

I didn't read the (your) indie gogo, but it seems like a bad idea and if this candy crush clone gets number 1 spot on google play the developer could find them self in some deep __ trouble. The game will be generating $1-3m per day, and have >10m users. 1g of gold is $35, so lets say each player gets 1 gram per day that's $350m per day.

if you're not the developer welcome to the community.

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

How would the developer make money? I think the gold aspect would just give people the sense that they can't trust the game. Either the developer is scheming to get more money out of you than it pays (maybe by making some of the levels too difficult/impossible to get 3 stars without spending a ton on in-game bonuses, or they're not going to be able to pay the gold that's promised. Also, how would the developer get the gold or money to the players? Players would have to give personal information to the developer? Maybe the game was made by a Nigerian Prince?

Radiant Verge is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG where your movement determines which abilities you can use.

Giveaway/prize laws are actually really strict if you look into it, assuming you're trying to market this in the USA.

There's games that you can earn/bet money playing already, though. Not sure about phone games...

im not going to wave my finger and say you're the developer, posting here for some hopefully pledges, but it sure looks like that (You have no other posts at all on this forum, and joined up (at: 09:31) to seemingly only post this (at: 09:38)

I'll wave my finger. Very common transparent marketing tactic.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Where's the url? Getting kinda curious now

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

If you are interested you can still fish it out of the original post's history but to any reasonable person it looks like a way to earn grab some crowd funding money and then vanish. It appears to be very transparent (even for people much less cynical than I am) because after the first eleven of its 31 days it has so far earned 0.

No video nor screenshots of the gameplay and you said your team has been working on this for 6 months. Even when you are not dangling gold, it's still sketchy.

So far still no reply from the topic creator

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

And I don't ever expect one. I report two or three topics like that every month. Most of them get completely removed because their spam-nature is so obvious (considering that the posts I do report usually get removed in much less than one hour I expect the actual number of pure spam posts like to be significantly higher). This one did not but I have no doubt a similar post was created on dozens of other places and none of them will be visited again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement