PerfectMMORPG

Started by
19 comments, last by jpetrie 9 years ago

My first game allowed players to make there character by changing sliders, very similar to the way MakeHuman works or the one in Mount&Blade. People hated how long it took before thy where done, when I gave them preset characters thy hated the limited choices, with editors thy complained that it was too hard.
Classic! An apparent 50% of the players (really only the most vocal 5%) complain, no matter what you do. And if you listen to them, the other 50% (who not rarely are the exact same people as before) will complain. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

"There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

(source)

This topic written for professional coders. You may not understand it.
[...]
So i am right. And i will be always right. If you didnt understood my game than dont talk about it.

The combination of a lot of confusing or confused information (at least it seems to be perceived that way by a lot of people here) with statements that are, well, I shall say unintentionally provokative is unlikely to result in a lot of helpful replies.

Telling people things like "this is for professional coders, you may not understand it" and "I'm always right" bears a message that is most probably not well received.

Maybe you want to elaborate a few points in more detail, but less personally (so people actually understand what you are talking about, and you don't piss them off from the beginning). Let's first get some facts together, and then tell us what your question is. (Did you ask one?)

For example, I have difficulties understanding your triangular number thingie. You said that I don't understand triangular numbers, that's not true but let's just assume that is indeed the case: So you have an "obscure" magical sequence of numbers of which you have collected the first 10.000 or so. They are numbers like 0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28, 36, 45, 55 etc. and for some reason you assume that you get a diminuishing returns system out of that, and this system is better than easier existing systems. How so? Why would one choose exactly this system?

Also, the jump from 1 to 3 is very clearly smaller than the jump from 45 to 55, so advancing one step at a higher level increases speed a lot more (unless there is a reciprocal in there, or something... this is the kind of information that people will need to understand what you're talking about). Insofar, it looks like you're contradicting yourself there.

Advertisement

For some retarded people; only move and range increases with triangular numbers. Other things increases normally and easy to increase. This is not ragnarök online! Also you have to spent most of your points on damage. Defensive players have hp, hpr, armor, felee; agressive players only have hit and damage. So just boost hit and damage and dont say tanks are OP bcause DPS characters are real OP’s, they can easily spent all points on damage and hit than one hit kill. But if you die, you will lose a level so being DPS at low level and becoming tank at high level is best idea or tactic.

And game is not ready to play. I lied to you. I didnt even finished Ice Titans skill tree. Game is really balanced but i didnt balanced skill points. So some skills maybe op with low skill points and some maybe very weak with low skill points. Also i have to balance the cooldowns. I have to make calculations and tests.

I was lying to you. I am a little bit sorry but not too much.

Also STOP DEFENDING TO RIOT GAMES! They nerfed malphite!! Until i stun with taric Fizz killing my 2 friends and escaping over wall. Tanks must be faster than DPS. They are killing my friends and escaping T_T

Thank you for comments. I have 10 stats, 12 and 12 more elements and i have to add hundreds of clases. I tried to make offensive Ice Titan but bcause of realistic RP elements an high damage dealing Ice Titan will be unreal and freaky. So Ice Titan can only be a tank bcause it is made of ice. It has high range and movespeed bcause its goal to freeze escaping enemies but in real world ice titans move realy slow and cant attack far away. Is my game so unreal T_T And also i have to add turtles and hedgehogs to game. What will happen if someone else say "i want to be hedgehog" i cant say you cant be. People cry. I have to write even larger text walls. I hate making games but if i dont people keep playing LOL and WOW, how poor they are T_T

I think has gone far enough.

Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement