Lightmapping

Started by
10 comments, last by Infinisearch 8 years, 12 months ago

Hello guys! Few months ago i'm started to create simple 3D engine on the pure C and OpenGL 1.4. Here is the result of my work.

And from here you can download and test the demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gmd8i241drxyzq/OGL_public.rar?dl=0

Controls in demo: [WSAD] - movement, [Space] - jump, [C] - crouch, [Q][E] - turn on\off lights.

Lightmap generation time is about 3 minutes, so be patient.

PS. Sorry for my english.

Advertisement

Awesome work! :P

Just one thing, this looks dangerous: ( Out of world )

2uaj1Fg.jpg

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

"Unable to create OpenGL render. Initialization failed!"

What video card do you use? This error occurs when wglCreateContext failed.

Works well on my end (GTX 560 Ti), although every time I run the application it recreates the lightmaps. Shouldn't it be a one time step? Generate them once and store them in the disk?

I fell to the empty void of space too :D

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Currenly, i'm done lightmap save\load. You can test it right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c71i0yd376mwwb/OGL_pregenerated.rar?dl=0

Controls are the same.

I fell to the empty void of space too biggrin.png

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but: fix your timestep. I don't have the link; someone else can provide it. If your frame time happens to fall below a specific value (like when OpenGL decides to drop frames for no reason), your collision detection will miss collisions, because the player's displacement is smaller than a threshold value used by the collision sweep (usually called the "epsilon" value).

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but: fix your timestep
Ah but I fell to the void on purpose, there was a hole at the end of the alley so I jumped :3 Collision works fine from what I've seen, jumped all around on things and stuff.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Ah but I fell to the void on purpose, there was a hole at the end of the alley so I jumped

I would play a "geronimooooo" sound right there, just for the lulz. I'll give the the demo a try when I get home. Sounds intriguing.

Nice. Is this a direct lightmap?

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement