DirectX 8 running way to slow

Started by
13 comments, last by DanG 22 years, 5 months ago
Your guys are still missing the point of my problem. For example, Delta Force 3 Land Warrior (a first person shooter) runs on DirectX and requires a graphics card. This game draws about the equivalent of 20 Utah Teapots a second. I am getting on average 2 a second. Big difference. 2 FPS is not enough to make smoothe graphics, and we''re talking just a teapot here. So my computer is well capable of faster, but MY programs are not going neerly as fast (1/20 in reality) per polygon as retail games. I know retail is quite a bit faster, BUT NOT THAT FAST. There is something wrong with my DirectX. I have searched the web and found nothing. Dito on Microsoft site. Because Microsoft is a monopoly, they do not feel they need to give you any help with there shity products. ANY IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED.

RELIGION IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
Ambassador: Mr. Bush are you stoned or just really, REALLY dumb?Pres. Bush - I assure you I am not stoned.
Advertisement
IIRC :

Bump mapping : modifying the normals with a texture.
DISPLACEMENT mapping : actually modifying the 3D object with a texture (or something ).
Environment mapping : Using textures to simulate the effects of the environment (lighting, reflexions) on an object.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
and a GeForce2 can''t do environment in any way?!?!!??!

WTF?!!!!!!!!?!?
Your not the only one with the crap like that going on. I''ve used
both a Ati Radeon and Geforce2MX 400 based cards in my system.
On my 500Mz system Half-Life a P133Mz required game is at most
times unplayable. I have about 11 233mz or under games and not
one of them runs as well as they should. Two days ago I got curious and dropped my old 4MB Dimond Viper v330 PCI card in
and in some games was getting better FPS? APG didn''t even exist
when I bought that thing. I think I got a crapy MOBO or something.
I can''t wait to replace the damn thing.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Whoah... DanG, I have no idea what you''re talking about, but are u the daniel who I know? I am John...

Just wondering...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement