Where to begin

Started by
4 comments, last by AneuryPerez 8 years, 9 months ago

greeting to all people ,wishing everything is well .

after that greeting I would like to ask maybe the repeat question !! where should I begin to code ? in fact Im working as developer but in another area, and now I would like to know as beginner, what is the first step if it is possible a some step for beginner , and is good idea to pinned this post because I know there are plenty of people that is asking the same thing...something else I followed some tutorial like lazyfoo , SDLtutorial , a old wiki from this site, I mentioned for example but in fact I need something simpler than this , because I know how to create a window , how load a map but i need to read about logic of the game development...

maybe you understand , thank you in advance and apologize Im learning english too.. :)

Advertisement

Take a quick read of this article: http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/your-first-step-to-game-development-starts-here-r2976

Then google any of the games listed in the article to learn how to program them.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I followed some tutorial like lazyfoo , SDLtutorial , a old wiki from this site, I mentioned for example but in fact I need something simpler than this , because I know how to create a window , how load a map but i need to read about logic of the game development...

So if I understand correctly, you already completed these tutorials and understood what the code does, but now you want to know how to write your own code. Sounds to me like you need to work on your problem solving skills. The article linked by Alpha_ProgDes will certainly help, as long as you are writing a game yourself without following a step by step tutorial (which removes the problem solving) then you will be fine. I'd also like to add that you can also improve your problem solving skills with other programming exercises, such as the puzzles from Project Euler, writing a program that prints out prime numbers, solving an exercise from a programming book, etc.

This might help: [spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A4F71D0B9994FC1[/spoiler]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This might help:

From the video: "... to give you a basic idea of a game's structure. But I'm not going to write out all the code for you"

Excellent! happy.png

thank you i consider that you gave a good advise im going to follow it !!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement