Vicious Balls

Started by
2 comments, last by Eddef 8 years, 8 months ago

Hey guys,

My friend (MatrixGfx) and I (Eddef) released our first game, and we released it on gamejolt. If you decide to give it a go, and see something, we can improve on it, let us know, it would be much appreciated!

Now about the game:

The goal of this game is collect the vicious balls and survive as long as you can. Control the green defender block with "W" and "S" and the more times you tap the keys, the faster you'll go! The controls are quite tricky.

Have fun!

Eddef & MatrixGfx

PLAY IT HERE:

http://gamejolt.com/games/vicious-balls/84566

PICTURES FROM THE GAME

[attachment=28565:Gameplay.png]

[attachment=28566:thumbnail2.jpg]

Advertisement

Leave your suggestions here, they are much appreciated! :)

Hey. I tried to play your game in Unity, through my Firefox browser, but controlling the block I found really difficult. My best score was 7. As soon as I had to get a ball near the top of the screen, if one appeared near the bottom I would have no choice but to frantically tap to get there in time. But then if a ball was spawned even slightly above it no matter how fast I tapped I couldnt get there. So I stopped after about 10 attempts as it got too frustrating. I see from the screenshots it shows a high score of 50 but unless all the balls stay fairly similar heights to each other one after the other I find it far too tough. My scores depended far more on where they were randomly spawned, as opposed to my skill improving once Id got the hang of it.

Hope that feedback helps on my experience anyway.

Here for the fun.

Hey. I tried to play your game in Unity, through my Firefox browser, but controlling the block I found really difficult. My best score was 7. As soon as I had to get a ball near the top of the screen, if one appeared near the bottom I would have no choice but to frantically tap to get there in time. But then if a ball was spawned even slightly above it no matter how fast I tapped I couldnt get there. So I stopped after about 10 attempts as it got too frustrating. I see from the screenshots it shows a high score of 50 but unless all the balls stay fairly similar heights to each other one after the other I find it far too tough. My scores depended far more on where they were randomly spawned, as opposed to my skill improving once Id got the hang of it.

Hope that feedback helps on my experience anyway.

Thanks for the feedback, but really, the game just needs practise, remember Flappy Bird? People played it no matter how frustrating it was, and you either get the hang of it, or just quit and never play again :D My friend and I got the score of 200, so the random spawn doesn't affect the gameplay that much, because the top and bottom walls stop the block, and you can bounce from it, easily reaching the bottop/top ball.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Have a great day:)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement