Metallic and Rough Maps

Started by
5 comments, last by Alundra 8 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

I have been looking all over the internet and I can't find an answer to this question. Where do you put the metallic and rough maps in Maya. Do the metallic map takes the place of a spec? I don't think that it does since I was ask to create a spec map along with a metallic.

Advertisement
Are you using a specific shader?

Are you using a specific shader?

I was thinking of using a Phong-E shader.

The modern roughness/metalness workflow (e.g. used in Substance Painter or Unreal engine 4) are designed for very specific shaders.

Maya's "Phong E" shader is based on very old-school workflows... It won't be compatible with modern roughness/metalness textures.

The modern roughness/metalness workflow (e.g. used in Substance Painter or Unreal engine 4) are designed for very specific shaders.

Maya's "Phong E" shader is based on very old-school workflows... It won't be compatible with modern roughness/metalness textures.

Interesting. Is there any shader within Maya that is compatible with a modern rough and metallic shader?

Bump.

I wanted to ask if there is any videos on how to make a metallic and rough map. I have never done it before and I am having trouble finding information on how to do them.

You can simply do a grayscale texture which is the [0,1] value, one for metallic and one for roughness.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement