Is unity3d good for this?

Started by
2 comments, last by hakura88 8 years, 5 months ago

I have a really base question.

My Question is, how to beginn with a game like "Game of War" , Mobile Strike, Thrones, Clash of Kings, etc.

Is this possible to create something with unity3d? Are there any tutorial.

I'm searching an engine that is perfect for those types of games. I can programm html, css ,javascript, python, but I want to learn an engine like unity3d. But it's really expensive.

What is the best way for making those art of games?

Advertisement
Unity is capable of that. As for a tutorial, just google around for getting started with unity 3d. There should be plenty of tutorials for your first game. It wont tell everything you need to know to make your game, but that is what you do as a game dev. You figure out how to solve problems one by one.

Unity is free unless you want the pro version. So it wouldn't hurt to try out the free version which is still very powerful and feature rich.

As for art, I personally use GIMP for 2D assets and Blender for 3D. Picking up GIMP is pretty straight forward but Blender has a pretty high learning curve, so if you want to make a 3D game expect to spend some time learning blender as well.
My current game project Platform RPG

If you download the .apk for those games and check them out, at least some of them use unity, so yes.

Thank you all for your input. I'm really happy that I started this week with unity3d. I'm learning now the software, programming in C# or Javascript is not my problem at the moment.

I have started with the Tutorials of the unity3d learn page and I'm really motivated to continue this courses.

So thank you guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement