Want to learn to modify consoles so they can be portable

Started by
5 comments, last by aspiringdeveloper1334 8 years, 3 months ago
I Have ben hecks book on creating portable systems out of current ones but it sounds complicated to me. My question is how he figured out to do it was he an electronic technician ? I am not comfortable with soldering I want to be an electronic technician to learn
I want to learn how to fix hard drives laptops and all types of electronic skills
Advertisement
> My question is how he figured out to do it was he an electronic technician?

He started in the 1970s, when the boards and parts were big enough they could be manipulated easily by hand. I believe he is self-educated.

> I am not comfortable with soldering I want to be an electronic technician to learn I want to learn how to fix hard drives laptops and all types of electronic skills

Today's boards are very different from the equipment back then. There is much to learn.

It is possible to learn on your own, but it is easier to learn with a mentor. See if you can find a group to learn together, and take courses related to what you want to learn.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_engineering

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=electronics+learning+kit&tbm=shop
I am a electrical engineering graduate from university but still don't have much practical experience

I am a electrical engineering graduate from university

Great! Hopefully a lot of the theory will be easy for you then.
Go buy a soldering iron and start on some small projects to get comfortable with it. Get one of those kits to build a lamp or an alarm clock or something smile.png
I recently decided to start building multi-rotors/quad-copters from individual parts. My first soldered connections were pretty terrible, but I'm getting ok at it now! My quadcopter is running off batteries that can supply almost 100 Amps @ 12V -- which is more than my desktop computer's power supply! From that power source I've got voltage regulators / BEC's for 5V electronics to run off of, LC filters, ARM-based processors, radio transmitters/receivers, high-frequency signal wires shielded from noisy electric motor power supply wires, etc... and I didn't know anything about any this a few months ago - I just decided to build one, and followed all the guides I could find on how to assemble them, e.g. instructables or youtube have a lot of content smile.png A lot of it was blindly following instructions, but it's still experience!
After this project, I'd be a lot more comfortable tinkering with other kinds of electronics. So pick something and just start making it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement