where to start? programming games c#

Started by
13 comments, last by Spool 7 years, 11 months ago

Sorry i have not answered for quite a while i have been quite busy in school.

we will soon have our second project basicly second period test. we have about 5 weeks starting 02/5/2016 and i have been quite busy thinking and taking some choices for what is needed to be made.

however we are not allowed to use a engine yet. other then Xna/Monogame.

Thanks for all the good information and links and other things to help me out :D

Advertisement

My advice (based on my own experience) is to eschew graphics altogether. Make whatever game that you want, but make it text-based (this is especially easy to do in C#). You can learn a lot about organizing data and handling fairly complex systems in a console-application without having to worry about how it looks or how complicated implementing decent physics can be etc. etc. etc.

Yes, text-based games are considered easier to make than their graphical counterparts, but that doesn't make them simple. Making an RPG, for example, requires many of the same elements no matter the implementation, and RPGs are often considered the a more-difficult-than average type of game to create (just dealing with systems, data, interactions, etc.; I realize that this, like many other things, is not a universally held belief).

Inspiration from my tea:

"Never wish life were easier. Wish that you were better" -Jim Rohn

soundcloud.com/herwrathmustbedragons

My advice (based on my own experience) is to eschew graphics altogether. Make whatever game that you want, but make it text-based (this is especially easy to do in C#). You can learn a lot about organizing data and handling fairly complex systems in a console-application without having to worry about how it looks or how complicated implementing decent physics can be etc. etc. etc.

Yes, text-based games are considered easier to make than their graphical counterparts, but that doesn't make them simple. Making an RPG, for example, requires many of the same elements no matter the implementation, and RPGs are often considered the a more-difficult-than average type of game to create (just dealing with systems, data, interactions, etc.; I realize that this, like many other things, is not a universally held belief).

ye i agree on RPg are hard to make when i had my first test for the first period we decided to try and make a Rpg. regardless we did finish it.

simple 2d sidescrolling with turn based mechanics. i was the one who created the logic behind turn based and i was quite proud of it.

we had about 5 weeks.

i can try and upload it to a site and give u guys a sample of what i was part of end of 2015

here is the project we decided to create the first time

http://www.filedropper.com/afleveringaffrsterssemester

I dont quite understand your problem.. Your question was where to start. But yet from what you have said you are in the perfect place to start and are doing exactly what you need to do. Learn and make games. Is there an actual question you need answered?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement