How do I make Android apps with C++?

Started by
7 comments, last by Queeninex 7 years, 9 months ago

I want to develop mobile games using C++, specifically for Android devices. Can you please suggest a straightforward framework along with a tutorial or learning resource?

Advertisement

sites.google.com/site/customprog/ theres a menu on the left youll see setu eclipse for android theres complete guide.

You could use something else like rad studio which simply is click and run thing w/ any setup

Cocos2d-x is very powerful, quite simple and its community is great, you can find a lot of help in forums

I downloaded Cocos2d-x. Can you suggest a beginner's tutorial series? I've searched for a while and have yet to come across any recent ones on that level.

Not likely.

Each aspect has a learning curve. What you are describing has a learning curve so sharp nobody creates "a beginner's tutorial" for it.

Learn to program in the language. Usually these programs are run directly on the same computer you are developing on.

Then learn how to program using libraries and tools for graphics.

Then learn how to make games, or at least, learn the basics of making games.

Then learn how to develop on remote platforms, such as Android or game consoles.

You might swap around the last two.

Attempting to learn two of those at once makes a more difficult learning curve. Attempting to learn three at once is very difficult, and I don't really think it is possible because the person is going to just learn parts of each for an extended time, then go back and learn individual parts. Attempting to learn all four at the same time is not really possible, the person will end up learning parts of each of the others individually rather than doing all at once.

The first step is likely the most difficult. Learn how to program first on your own desktop computer.

Then learn how to develop on remote platforms, such as Android or game consoles.

...but that's...what I'm trying to do... ^_^

Cocos2d-x appears to use C++ in the same manner that SDL works with C. I've done some stuff in SDL2/C++ but I'm interested in learning a framework made specifically for developing games on Android. Are there any tutorials like Lazyfoo has done for SDL, but with Cocos2d-x? :ph34r:

Edit:

I really appreciate everyone's help this far!

So is your question about how to use Cocos2d-x? Or is it about using C++ on Android? Both seem to come with good guides individually.

How to use Cocos2d-x. Thank you!

You can use unreal engine programming.Really it is amazing ? recommend.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement