Quadtree/Octree on ramp

Started by
5 comments, last by lucky6969b 7 years, 12 months ago
when the geometry is inclined,
how do I generate a quadtree
for that area?
for a octree, it doesn't seem to fit the ramp at all
Advertisement
What is your tree attempting to accomplish? There are many options but the tradeoffs depend on what you want to do with the partitioning structure.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

It's for pathfinding purpose.

I just want to achieve the same thing as Recast for real-time update of the navmesh (you probably know what Recast is)

but this time with quadtree....

Thanks

Jack

Recast voxelizes the world and uses that data to generate a polygon soup that is refined into the navmesh.

Is that what you want to do? Or something else? I still don't follow what you want the quadtree to be doing here.

Hmmm, let's build up a scenario, let's say a tractor of a truck arrives in the scene for my game.

Some NPCs are allowed to enter the tractor to search for stuff or pick up stuff.

And there is a wood blab to bridge the entrance of the warehouse and the tractor,

and this bridging wood is inclined, some vehicles therefore need a climb up this inclined wood,

And the quadtree map is extended. But the quads are usually flat, and don't allow

inclinations, I wonder how to go about solving this problem?

Thanks

Jack

Why can't your quadtree accommodate inclined quads? Most implementations handle arbitrary polygons effortlessly...

Okay, got some idea... When dividing the quads. I got the bounding boxes, right

And I put the inclined side vertexes with some positive y value....

Is it okay to do so?

Thanks

Jack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement