Discord Vs. Team Speak For Closed Qa Testing?

Started by
1 comment, last by 3Ddreamer 7 years, 9 months ago

Hello,

So I'm the most familiar withTS3, recently was told about the usability of Discord.

On one hand, I do like discord's simplicity and ease of acess

On the Other hand,I know for sure TS can do what I need.

What yall think?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Advertisement

TS3 runs on your own (or rented) PC's, so it can be extremely reliable.

Discord is free, but on someone else's cloud servers :D
(but it's a different kind of app than just a voice server -- having an instant messenger and persistent chat rooms, ability to post images from your clipboard, etc...)

If you already have a TS server you may as well use it, otherwise discord is amazing for a free service, and useful if you want persistent text/image conversations.

I've been on several teams which use TeamSpeak and/or Skype. TeamSpeak can be embedded into a website so you can easily see on the webpage who is connected (present), if the site supports it. Once it's configured, TeamSpeak is very easy to start and use. You can have it start on the Desktop when you sign into your user account (a startup program). There is also email support / instant notification if someone sends you a message while they are on TeamSpeak looking for you. There are some plugins, too. TS can file share and have different levels of security for users which is assigned by the administrator. Overall - in my opinion - I find TS to have more features and it is more reliable. I never have connection problems with TS but sometimes there are with Skype. With TS, there is very little demand on the CPU, so you can have video / game content running with no interference. If you chose the correct audio codec, then that CPU demand is extremely low. I know almost nothing about Discord. Nobody that I know uses it.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement