Is it pathetic to never get actually helpful answers here?

Started by
24 comments, last by jbadams 7 years, 8 months ago

You know what? It is to the point where I don't want to be neutral anymore. I asked several times in my previous question to ask the answerers to clarify what they meant, and they didn't reply. Fuck you you dare to say they replied to me. They talked among themselves about micro optimization. I asked several answerers and they never responded. And this one guy with an attitude came to my question saying something that is completely irrelevant to my question, and later claimed I stressed micro optimization. Fuck that guy for saying that. I only asked a question to know which method is faster. Since did I stress so much about micro optimization? You know me perfectly well? Is your answer constructive at all ? And you accused me of something I never did ? Look at the all the other questions. You will never see anyone with an attitude go their questions. I tried to be as neutral as I could with the questions I asked and as concise and clear as possible. But there's always some people with an attitude come to the questions and started saying things that are untrue. Screw this. really. Fucking arrogant people. I'm leaving this site.

This is your second "everybody hates me I guess I'll go eat rocks" topic in a pretty short span of time.

You're either going to do it or you're not.

If you're looking for someone to blame then just blame Chubu and then you can go away and not worry about how you failed.

Otherwise grow the fuck up and do what you have to do to make it work. Nobody here is responsible for you or for your success. If you want it, you make it.

Get the fuck out of here and go fuck yourself. No one asked you to answer.

Advertisement

People tend to not give me response after I ask them something. They just disappear. Never happened to you, huh?

@Nypyren looks like you like to look down on people who don't speak English, huh? Crap. Look, do you like to receive your kind of hostile everyday since you wake up from your bed? Do you? Or do you like to be treated with an attitude that is at least not hostile, but normal ,even? Did I do anything to you personally? Did I insult you or steal your things?

You know what? It is to the point where I don't want to be neutral anymore. I asked several times in my previous question to ask the answerers to clarify what they meant, and they didn't reply. Fuck you you dare to say they replied to me. They talked among themselves about micro optimization. I asked several answerers and they never responded. And this one guy with an attitude came to my question saying something that is completely irrelevant to my question, and later claimed I stressed micro optimization. Fuck that guy for saying that. I only asked a question to know which method is faster. Since did I stress so much about micro optimization? You know me perfectly well? Is your answer constructive at all ? And you accused me of something I never did ? Look at the all the other questions. You will never see anyone with an attitude go their questions. I tried to be as neutral as I could with the questions I asked and as concise and clear as possible. But there's always some people with an attitude come to the questions and started saying things that are untrue. Screw this. really. Fucking arrogant people. I'm leaving this site.

Get the fuck out of here and go fuck yourself. No one asked you to answer.

The fact that people's participation here is voluntary, means you should take it as a "privilege" that anyone response to you at all with the correct solution and not your "right".

For you to have your thread question answered- as your right (rather than privilege), like @Albert said - it would cost you money. But since we all are used to the free internet, I will advise treat this privilege with respect if you intend to continue using. Even if you go elsewhere, with this attitude, things would never improve.

You also say people disappear.... you have to note other users have their day jobs, their families, and other obligations ... they never signed up to be your full-time mentor.

There would be no forum free to join where it would be your right to get the exact correct solutions your problems. You should be ready to cut people some slack of dabbling off course at times, and when you call people back to original topic - do it with respect

So i would advise - you are not using gamedev anymore? fine but anywhere you join, show some respect (particularly to those who mostly give answers rather than ask) , even if you don't like everything you see. That would give you better results on other forums and in life generally

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

You know what? It is to the point where I don't want to be neutral anymore. I asked several times in my previous question to ask the answerers to clarify what they meant, and they didn't reply.

While I can understand a certain amount of frustration with Kylotan in particular there will always be people who are unhelpful and/or distracting.

That said, Hodgman pretty much answered your question in the very first reply of that thread. After that there was only the option of silence or talking about the usefulness of the question. Granted, Kylotan started talking about something completely unwarranted and mixed that in with some valid points but, as I said, that's the way he is and one just needs to learn to deal with that.

You know what? It is to the point where I don't want to be neutral anymore. I asked several times in my previous question to ask the answerers to clarify what they meant, and they didn't reply. Fuck you you dare to say they replied to me. They talked among themselves about micro optimization. I asked several answerers and they never responded.

Okay, since you're clearly talking about me, let's look at this.

The thread is here, for anyone interested in checking for themselves: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/681032-which-way-would-have-better-performance/

Your original post has a direct answer from Hodgman which directly addresses the question you asked. That alone makes this entire rant empty and meaningless. You got exactly the answer you wanted. You're angry because you got more than that.

Further down, I replied pointing out that it was a meaningless comparison since the 2 methods don't do the same thing.

You then asked one person what "readable/ understandable code" meant, which is literally the only question you asked that didn't get an answer. Every single other post you made, I responded to directly.

Yes, we discussed more things on the thread than your direct original question. This is for several reasons:

1) It's a discussion forum; we discuss things. You start the thread but you don't own the thread. It lives on for the benefit of other people in future who might have the same question. This means some posts on the thread won't be a direct response to you. Deal with it. If you want a strict Q&A session, StackExchange exists for that.
2) I'm here to help people finish games, not waste time on things that don't matter. The calculation asked about doesn't matter except in some extremely exceptional cases. I wanted to make that clear.
3) Hodgman's answer had several aspects that were worth exploring, such as the use of length-squared vs. length, what would be fastest if you were writing shader code vs. application code, and the issues that should guide how to write your code given that "there wouldn't be too much difference between them". People discussed those aspects for everyone's benefit. This is especially relevant since you provided no context for your question.

And this one guy with an attitude came to my question saying something that is completely irrelevant to my question, and later claimed I stressed micro optimization. Fuck that guy for saying that. I only asked a question to know which method is faster.

What I said was entirely relevant to your question because they are not the same operation. Sphere tests measure against a distance X. Cube tests measure against distances between Y and Y * 1.866 depending on how the cube is oriented relative to whatever approaches it. And X doesn't necessarily equal Y. The cube method also involves up to 6 conditionals which means performance is dependent on how many of those you regularly trigger, and what order they're in. To answer this correctly requires more information, which you did not seem interested in providing.

Look at the all the other questions. You will never see anyone with an attitude go their questions.

You're right, I never answer anyone else's questions. (Apart from the hundreds, maybe thousands, I've replied to since I started here 16 years ago.)

I sincerely apologise if you feel that my responses upset you, but you need to accept that we're here to discuss things, that sometimes our assumptions will be questioned, and that people will come into a thread with different opinions. As GrumpyOldDude said, we're not paid to mentor you. Everything you get here is free. Take what you can from it, and graciously ignore the rest if you have to.

While I can understand a certain amount of frustration with Kylotan in particular there will always be people who are unhelpful and/or distracting.

You came into a thread lecturing people who aren't entirely familiar with newer C++ idioms, saying they shouldn't "call <themselves> a C++ programmer" and then calling them "the most incompetent programmer I wouldn't have to fire straight away". Another moderator gave you a good reply about that. But you still act like it's my fault. Let it go.

Granted, Kylotan started talking about something completely unwarranted and mixed that in with some valid points but, as I said, that's the way he is and one just needs to learn to deal with that.

Everything I posted in that thread was entirely warranted and I've explained why above. It would be nice if you stopped trying to make this personal.
Some of the language being used in this topic is not appropriate for these forums; this is a grown-up forum where course language is sometimes accepted, but we do not tolerate insults or abusive language directed at other members.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement