Fullscreen sometimes throws DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE

Started by
21 comments, last by captain_crunch 7 years, 6 months ago

Are the users running anything that produces screen overlays? Google suggests that can produce this error in other software. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Advertisement

Some users get the error without any clicking. Also, the logged information shows that the window is in focus when it happens.

It is frustrating that no solutions exist for this error.

I know this is getting frustrating, it sounds annoying. If I was having this problem, I would probably go back to logging even whats going on in your game loop. This maybe some sort of synchronous issue with something that the game is doing. I would even flush the buffers (if directx 11 - which you probably don't even need to do), everything should be happening via your message pump so I doubt this may show much. Good luck on this.

Indie game developer - Game WIP

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

My workaround has been to make a toggle for hardware mode switch in addition to the fullscreen option.

The error seems to occur only during hardware mode switch, so by turning that off, users can still have the game running in fullscreen, just limited to their desktop resolution.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement