hello world

Started by
10 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 6 months ago

Alrighty, makes sense.

One other question I had was about the Reputation system.. how does that work?

I recall starting with 101, I see you have 1639, though that doesn't represent your post count or any other number I can find on your profile, other than the reputation itself..

How does one gain/lose reputation? Is it similar to Reddit, can I contribute positively/negatively towards someone elses reputation? Or are there other algorithms that do this behind the scenes taking in to account other aspects of a users community contributions.

Software Developer / Hobby Game Dev based in Adelaide, Australia. Check me out!

Advertisement

The Reputation system is pretty basic right now (another area being reviewed :) ).

The basics are that you get points through contributions, upvotes, and general site usage. You can be downvoted, but that's not very common around here. Long story why I'm only at 1639 when others are near 30000.

We're reviewing the rating system because it's really more representative of a user's GameDev.net activity since the system went online in 2012 than it is of the user's actual reputation, and we would like it to be something more useful for recognizing contributions than what we have today.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement