What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 3 months ago

I just started my own project, literally two days ago, so all I have to show is a quick concept sketch of F0x1.

dHABNuf.png

The project is code named Machina, when the game nears it's end I will adjust to prevent any IP conflicts.

The game is a group based survival game- like State of decay- where the player takes the role of an AI and a AI ship that escapes as there home planet is destroyed.

This game is going to take full advantage of some of the amazing tech that the Unreal engine has. Players will be able to customize their robots, build large functioning machines and survive in a hostile machine based environment. All of these things I have done in Unreal before, this game will just bring them together.

My art direction has huge benefits- hard-edge modeling is both fast and looks great in BPR- and was decided on because I only want one survival bar. The battery, will act as a stamina/ hunger/ health bar.

I have decided to limit my software to Zbrush, Blender and Substance; Photoshop will only be used for quick tweaking. I want to see how creative I can be with Substance if I know I can't use Photoshop and the addons I have for it.

Hi, i was planning on using Blender in the future. Is it really that bad compared to 3dMax ?, i,m used to 3dMax.

You should ask this in the visual arts forum, I will then provide you with more info.

In short both Blender and Max is professional 3D tools, people underestimate Blender because it's free. Max is better in rendering and animation, for games rendering is done by the engine so that one doesn't even count.

Advertisement
So I fixed 2 character bios so that they make a lot more sense with the story and the plot. I also finished the rough draft of rules and gameplay of my card game. I commissioned my little brother to do the art for the prototype of the game (106 cards) so that I can print them out and test play to see if the balancing is proper. Now while I wait for him to finish with that I need to figure out what kind of systems and features I'd like implemented!

I "finished" my LEGO portfolio site. I know it's not programming, but it's web-design in a way, and the picture lightbox is my own javascript code. So any comments are welcome (be it on grammar, typos, content, buggy lightbox, design/user-experience problems).
http://lipkovicsdesign.blogspot.com/

dHABNuf.png

That looks like a rather good design thus far--I like it! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I just completely redid a fighter model (I actually posted some pics of it a while ago in the Visual Arts forum) and am now working on using Substance Designer (first time using it, and I really love it so far) to texture it. My hope is to get some really eye-popping visuals. Here's some pics of the redone model.

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-18-02-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-18-13-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-18-26-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-18-38-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-18-49-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-11-at-8-19-01-pm.png

Another project I have sort of on a back burner, but still sort of existing:

feb14.jpg

And finally, I've tried my hand at ZBrush also, making a character for my project:

screen-shot-2017-03-03-at-8-38-05-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-03-at-8-38-18-pm.png

screen-shot-2017-03-03-at-8-38-34-pm.png

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

These projects are truly amazing. I am always amazed to see these wonderful 3D games being made - I have not gotten into 3D yet, and it seems rather hard to do well.

Currently, I have just been brainstorming for an RPG - I have very little details about it so far, but I can at least share some of the art I have (tried to) drawn.

I know for a fact that my RPG will have a retro-graphics kind of feel, but I do not yet know what exactly that retro feel will look like. So many games nowadays have these old pixel graphics, so I'll have to think of a style that will stand out from the rest. Here's some sort of landscape I drew that should show what I mean:

8a44c691-0a9c-11e7-8f86-b3389cdcca8d.gif

I also know that this game will have a form of a turn-based combat system, too. Here is a pretty simple enemy I drew up that serves as a good example of what one of the enemies would look like:

23252db3-0a9c-11e7-a8c2-b3389cdcca8d.gif

Huzzah for 2D pixel graphics, right?

my younger brother finally finished drawing the images for my card game prototype. now I have to go in and manually input the stats, flavor text, and effects if all 106 cards. you could shoot me now. I'm totally cool with that.

We just finished doing an audio simulation of a few cars, which involved getting them up to full speed / maintaining specific RPM values on a dyno for a recording session, cutting up the recordings, isolating events like exhaust pops and the turbo spin down, recombining those clips in an interactive FMOD sound bank, customizing some Fanatec pedals to have the actual stock pedal plates from those cars on them, and writing some code to control the show.

It came out pretty good for such a short turnaround:

I recently started hacking on Curvature, a tool suite for editing and testing Utility-Theory AI systems. It's still pretty rough, needs some UI functionality to be truly useful yet. I'm working on finding an artist to pretty it up in the meantime.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Wow, great projects

We just finished doing an audio simulation of a few cars, which involved getting them up to full speed / maintaining specific RPM values on a dyno for a recording session, cutting up the recordings, isolating events like exhaust pops and the turbo spin down, recombining those clips in an interactive FMOD sound bank, customizing some Fanatec pedals to have the actual stock pedal plates from those cars on them, and writing some code to control the show.

This is just me speaking as someone who hasn't got a clue on how racing game economics works... since you're using Mercedes premium brand, wouldn't the licensing deal make it less cost effective? I mean, versus tweaking the design-model and brand a little bit so as to make it your own design and brand, so you don't have pay any expensive deals (I doubt tweaking designs like this would be against the law in any jurisdiction, people use such ways to get around patents) . At least then your game would be much cheaper, yet with the comparable design, sound, race/driving specs and other functionalities. (And I reckon you can still achieve the same sales - I might be wrong though, as said I haven't got a clue on how game racing consumers' respond to establish brands vs your own brand).

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement