Going to GDC?

Started by
13 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 2 months ago

Check your PM Inbox.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

We have an article with some GDC social tips that might be of interest. There's a spreadsheet floating around online with a list of many of the unofficial parties on this year - have a search, check out the list, and see if you can attend some to meet more people.

Try to look for ways you can help people, even if there's no immediate benefit to you; it'll help build good relationships that will be beneficial in years to come.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Bring a box of cards, they are conference currency. Give a card to get a card.

I think this is declining fairly rapidly (the odds of your card just getting a weird look while someone pulls out their phone to enter your info directly or trade via NFC are increasing) but it's definitely still good enough advice for now. I give it to 2020 before cards are a complete relic. :P

I might be biased though because my company's cards are garbage solid-black affairs that you can't scribble notes on and I end up using maybe 1 or 2 every GDC. Which reminds me - anyone printing custom cards, always leave the back entirely/mostly plain white. The blank space is as valuable (if not more so) than everything else on it. :)

Tbh, I'd not treat someone collecting data via NFC as highly as someone asking/giving business card , so business cards rulz and are timeless :P Just that I have an impression that in USA fancy cards involve some process like press lettering so might be rather costly to distribute simply everyone.

If they need extra contact details, let them get from QR code on card, I mean come on what's the point if you won't have a fancy card? :P

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Check your PM Inbox.

That's super cool :)

We still have a Main Conference pass (3-day) available. No strings. Anyone interested?

Edit: Gone. :)

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement