Random Number Generator?

Started by
2 comments, last by OhTeeDubb 7 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys! I have something of an odd request. I'm wondering if you guys knows of an websites or programs out there that could generate random groups of numbers in 4's between the numbers 1-4. I'm working on something and I need to see all the possibilities of numbers without repeats.

It's kind of hard to explain but I also need them to be places similar to the "D-Pad" on a game controller.

like this for example:
. .2
3. . 4
. .1

(The forum doesn't recognize multiple spaces so I put the '.' in there to get the numbers in the proper formation.

Thank you SO much to anyone that's able to help me or point me in the right direction!
Advertisement

What you're after is called permutations of a given set of numbers, and should be easy enough to search for/generate.

Once you have the list of permutations, just assign them so that (for example) the first listed number is at the top, and then go clock-wise.

Hello to all my stalkers.

What you're after is called permutations of a given set of numbers, and should be easy enough to search for/generate.

Once you have the list of permutations, just assign them so that (for example) the first listed number is at the top, and then go clock-wise.

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

I found this (http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/combination-permutation-tools/permutation-generator/)

But now I've run into a different problem.. I need some numbers to repeat themselves.. like 1224 or 2113 and so on and so forth
Never mind I was able to find a generator that did exactly what I needed.. thanks for the help!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement