Here is my work, how does it sounds to you ?

Started by
15 comments, last by Edgarlerouge 6 years, 9 months ago

Hi everyone ! Here is 4 new loop tracks i just composed for a really cool game named "Bloki". It's a brain teaser where you have to find the right colors sequence. It's going to be available really soon but only for android owners. Before that, enjoy original soundtracks and leave a comment if you want !

https://soundcloud.com/user-154921054/sets/bloki-game

Advertisement

Hey, 

Your loops sound pretty good! Some cute ideas that seem to work well for a casual, fun game. A few quick thoughts: 

- can you make your loops longer? Even the best music in the world would get old after too many listens. Is there a file size constraint or a budgetary limitation causing you to write such short loops? 

- check your balances. Especially in the zen loop. Your melody instrument is quite a bit louder than everything else. With some of the higher frequencies in that patch, it can get a bit ear piercing.  

- overall your drum elements are extremely soft. I get you're scoring a puzzle game and that you want to probably keep a vibe while allowing the music to wash over the player. But I think the drums could be a bit louder still. 

I think your main loop was my favorite while the timed loop felt the least cohesive with the rest of the set, honestly. It stuck out as the most different in regards to instrumentation and production. I did like the chromatic movement of it! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Hi nsmadsen, Thank's for giving me feedback.

Yes the loops are very short, that was the intention of the developer, i was supposed to do around 20sec for each.

Interesting point of view about the drum section, i did my balance and the result is close to what i looked for. I agree with the soft volume of the section, maybe for android game we need more of it ? I'll try that and see!

The "timed" loop is quite different than others, you're right. It doesn't have a melody and the harmonic structure is more simple. the goal was to create kind of a "urgency mood" or "challenging mood" focused more on the energy than a the lyricism.

I Really appriciate having comments on my work, thank's a lot !

I'm a big fan of this stuff! 

In general I think the tracks need some polish... for example, I think on some elements you could use a stereo delay - it gives it a wider sound. 

Very funky though. Perfectly crafted with  the game in mind :)

For people who liked the music i made for BLOKI, the game is now available on google play.

Have fun !

Hi veryone,

Here is my last production for ARK Moon Survival, official mod of ARK game. This is a remix of the original theme composed by Gareth Coker.

https://soundcloud.com/user-154921054/ark-moon-survival

Enjoy !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement