Text file to rendered image

Started by
1 comment, last by JohnnyCode 6 years, 12 months ago

I have text files containing text that I want in my game. I want to import these blocks of text into my engine as images.

Is anyone aware of any software that can take text input and a font file, and generate an image file with the rendered text?

Advertisement

If you have an engine, and it renders fonts, I'm not seeing what your problem is. You can generate these yourself and then save them. Code that writes out a TGA or PNG file is fairly easy to find. Load the text, render it to to a FBO/Texture, and save that out to a file. Then you can load it in when needed, keep it in memory etc. Or make it part of the game startup, if they're not big, load the text, render it. Store the textures until needed. Multitude of ways to do this yourself without outside software and be done quickly too.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Is anyone aware of any software that can take text input and a font file, and generate an image file with the rendered text?

All of raster editing software, such as Photoshop, Microsoft Corel draw, can write any text, in any font, into an actual raster, that uoi can then save as a transparent .png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement