Grandpa Albert Lemcke

Started by
1 comment, last by Thaumaturge 6 years, 11 months ago

2 weeks before his death a few months ago my aunt helped him get into a Skype video chat with me that I did not expect but am eternally grateful to have answered.

It just happened to be a night I was spending in a hotel with my Japanese fiancé in London, and I am extremely proud that she got to “meet” him over video chat. He assured us that if he was younger, he would be over visiting us in the next room, and I damn-well believe him. He died 2 weeks later.

He was an awesome grandpa who had such an amazing positive outlook on every tiny thing. I was inspired just in how he did yard work, let alone everything else. He was so obviously dedicated to my grandmother that it really set an example for me. I know what true love is because of him. I know how to treat women because of him.

This happy person you see in the interview is how he really was all the time. I have literally never seen anything but a smile on his face.

This is a guy who had absolutely no regrets. He didn’t just live life, he defined it in many cases.

I am so grateful to have gotten another dose of his laughter 2 weeks before he died. Being overseas I have missed many funerals, and it’s taken its toll. But he lifted so much weight with our last contact, smiling and laughing as always.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement

My condolences to you

I'm really sorry to read of your loss, but glad that you had that last-minute contact with him.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement