Artworks for feedback (Cows VS Vikings)

Started by
150 comments, last by Rutin 6 years, 1 month ago

It's not all about the characters. Please take a look at this picture from the forthcoming tower defence game Cows VS Vikings. This is the screenshot from the main menu interface. How do you think, does our menu look nice or it's better to change something?

Menu.png

Advertisement

Well, finally the time has come to introduce enemy units as well. Here is the Pitchfork Cow, basic infantry unit of Cow's Army. How would you rate this art?

pitchfork_cow.png

Looks great :)

Thank you!

Awesome work! Keep it up!

Programmer and 3D Artist

So do you actually kill cows?? That would be very sad.

They might retire and run or be captured and pacified so they will give milk to your team and more milk => more bonuses for your team.

On 22.08.2017 at 10:43 PM, Rutin said:

Awesome work! Keep it up!

Thanks! We will)

Our team needs your help in analysis of the video of the rotating process. Here you can see our Cannoneer from Cows vs Vikings, rotating the lever. This mechanism rotates the cannon and aims it on cow enemies. What you can say about the process' physics - did we perform it right? Also you can see the low poly grid for this character.

1 hour ago, RedoxEnt said:

Thanks! We will)

Our team needs your help in analysis of the video of the rotating process. Here you can see our Cannoneer from Cows vs Vikings, rotating the lever. This mechanism rotates the cannon and aims it on cow enemies. What you can say about the process' physics - did we perform it right? Also you can see the low poly grid for this character.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the handle is moving at a much faster rate than the cogwheel rotates at the top. The middle park seems to spin at the same rate though. 

Programmer and 3D Artist

On 23.08.2017 at 10:39 PM, krogoth.g said:

So do you actually kill cows?? That would be very sad.

They might retire and run or be captured and pacified so they will give milk to your team and more milk => more bonuses for your team.

No, we don't) Don't kill, just stun. The word "kill" is actually never mentioned in the game. After being stunned, they, as you said, retire from the battlefield. And - you have perfectly guess what's going on in the game, because they really are giving milk, which is the resource to buy power-ups)

22 hours ago, Rutin said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the handle is moving at a much faster rate than the cogwheel rotates at the top. The middle park seems to spin at the same rate though. 

Thanks for the observation!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement