Dialog Writer in Need of Some Feedback

Started by
16 comments, last by David Wagnon 6 years, 7 months ago

I'm in the final stages of publishing my first book, actually. Do design documents help my portfolio? I already have one game design document in there; however, I've also been working on a series of character design documents (detailing their lore, abilities, balance, and art).

Advertisement

Sure!! That's all great stuff!!

Thanks for all your help, Gambit. It's good to hear I'm mostly on the right track. May I ask, do you work in the game industry? Also, nerdy question, but do you take your name from the X-men character?

Yeah, Gambit has always been my favorite character in the X-Men. Recently got my first publishing contract with a publisher, and I am working on a sequel to that and another one. Sadly no jobs in the video game industry just yet. Been trying to focus on films, but it's very difficult to get in to. So trying for game jobs again, lol.

Congrats on your contract! Is it for a book? What kind of book/film did you write? Mine's a fantasy with a split narrative bent. Gambit was also my favorite in the 90's cartoon. Cyclops was a close second, though.

It's a book. A paranormal romance. About a shape shifting dragon that falls in love with a guy with a pure soul. Lol. It's fun to write about gay dragons, lol.

That certainly doesn't sound like a typical story, lol. Well, I wish you luck on your endeavors, and thanks again for all the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement