Diligent Engine - A Modern Cross-Platform Low-Level Graphics Library

Started by
46 comments, last by DiligentDev 5 years, 1 month ago

Added another tutorial - Data Streaming. This tutorial shows dynamic buffer mapping strategy using MAP_FLAG_DISCARD and MAP_FLAG_DO_NOT_SYNCHRONIZE flags to efficiently stream varying amounts of data to GPU and render dynamic polygons.

Tutorial10.png.8d5b9e6de82493770ce56233c29042f4.png

Advertisement

Check out new tutorial - Resource Updates. This tutorial demonstrated different ways to update buffers and textures in Diligent Engine and explains important internal details and performance implications related to each method.

Tutorial11.png.ac83f5bd6bfbabbd16fb413f9eaad8b4.png

It looks like your on your way to offering a good alternative to bgfx! Cool project and great job!

9 hours ago, EarthBanana said:

It looks like your on your way to offering a good alternative to bgfx! Cool project and great job!

Thanks! I'll try to keep on :)

Diligent Engine now supports Vulkan on Linux! Check it out https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentEngine

Release v2.4 is out with explicit resource state transition control, better multi-threading safety and many improvements to the API.

Explicit state transitions is the major improvement that gives applications direct control of how state transitions must be handled by every draw command. There are two modes: automatic, where the engine keeps track of resource states and performs all required transitions, and manual, where the application takes control of state management. The second mode is most important in multi-threaded rendering scenarios.

Check out the new release on GitHub.

Looks promising! Will try and integrate with my (entity based) engine as I do not want to spent a lot of time on the renderer part. Any MinGW support planned?

3 hours ago, k3z4 said:

Any MinGW support planned?

I was not planning to do this as there are a number of higher priority things features I want to get done. As most of the engine compiles fine with gcc and clang, there may only be some potential issues with D3D11 and D3D12 backends that are only compiled with msvc at this point.

I think you are not the first to ask about MinGW. Is there an advantage to it vs native windows build environment?

1 hour ago, DiligentDev said:

I was not planning to do this as there are a number of higher priority things features I want to get done. As most of the engine compiles fine with gcc and clang, there may only be some potential issues with D3D11 and D3D12 backends that are only compiled with msvc at this point.

I think you are not the first to ask about MinGW. Is there an advantage to it vs native windows build environment?

I really do not like the build and debug tools from Microsoft. I have my project setup in Eclipse with CDT and the MinGW compiler. As you already support linux, it would not be a huge step, I guess. I have tried to generate the makefiles using cmakegui bit it fails to build.

34 minutes ago, k3z4 said:

I have tried to generate the makefiles using cmakegui bit it fails to build.

I tried to build it with MinGW and it does generate a lot of errors. I will see if I can fix them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement