Jump to content
  • Advertisement
marcus12

Animation Doubt?

Recommended Posts

Hello Guys,

I have a doubt whether a particular animation is  a 3d or 2d animation.  Just see this video from time frame  0:30 and watch the character who is firing.  I feel it's 2d and done either in sprite animation or skeletal animation (using spine etc).   What you guys think about it?    

" rel="external">

I want to achieve this animation using  2d skeletal animation in Unity but having problem while rotating the character around the fixed point ( hip part of the character).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
16 hours ago, marcus12 said:

I want to achieve this animation using  2d skeletal animation in Unity

This was done the same way. It's a 2D skeletal animation made in engine. No need for external software for something this simple.

16 hours ago, marcus12 said:

but having problem while rotating the character around the fixed point ( hip part of the character).

The character was drawn from a almost top down angle, so the whole character just turns.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

This was done the same way. It's a 2D skeletal animation made in engine. No need for external software for something this simple.

The character was drawn from a almost top down angle, so the whole character just turns.

 

 

Do you think there were multiple images used depending on the angle? If so which are the parts mainly to consider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marcus12 said:

Do you think there were multiple images used depending on the angle? If so which are the parts mainly to consider?

I think its same image no extras added, Im working on animations on my game in Unity now, and I can say you can get same effect inside unity animator, and its 2d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marcus12 said:

Do you think there were multiple images used depending on the angle? If so which are the parts mainly to consider?

Yes. I did a breakdown for you.

Angle.jpg.bdfe970fdc9ed0496292866893de726f.jpg

By looking at the video we can see there are 5 points where the images are changing. That is why the last image looks so wrong.

The character is made of: Head image, Body image, BackPack image, Left arm image, Right arm image, Left leg image, Right leg image. There also is a animated band but it is just attached to the head.

The objects are drawn from a top down view so that little change is needed to each. Mostly looks like the artist was using a perspective tool and filling in details. The arms and legs are just rotated.

The Head, body and backpack changes. The arms and legs remain the same but are mostly hidden.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Edited by Scouting Ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-03 at 3:30 PM, Scouting Ninja said:

Yes. I did a breakdown for you.

Angle.jpg.bdfe970fdc9ed0496292866893de726f.jpg

By looking at the video we can see there are 5 points where the images are changing. That is why the last image looks so wrong.

The character is made of: Head image, Body image, BackPack image, Left arm image, Right arm image, Left leg image, Right leg image. There also is a animated band but it is just attached to the head.

The objects are drawn from a top down view so that little change is needed to each. Mostly looks like the artist was using a perspective tool and filling in details. The arms and legs are just rotated.

The Head, body and backpack changes. The arms and legs remain the same but are mostly hidden.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Awesome job! Youre like Sherlock in this thing :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!