Name of the game

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 10 months ago

Hello from cold Russia! I'm developing a game with my friend and we don't know much English. We need help of English-speaking friends. 

A group of survivors enters the center of the underground maze, maze is divided into sectors and people have to go there for resources in order to survive. In the maze are monsters and traps. Unfortunately,

I can't describe all the details because of poor knowledge of English.

How would you name the game so that in English it does not sound silly? For example "Maze walkers".

Thanks in advance for answers.

Advertisement

I come up something that you can name it to (Maze Exploration)

Game Graphics | Pixel Art | Game Backgrounds | Tools | Tutorials
On 3/22/2018 at 11:11 AM, Treygolnikof said:

English it does not sound silly? For example "Maze walkers".

Silly sounding can be a good thing. One problem Indie developers have all the time is making it easy for people to search a game. Something like "Maze walkers" will be lost under hundreds of search results.

"Segmenting Maze" has a creepy feeling to it and should be easy to search.

"Ways of the Maze"?

Blub blub blub

"Labyrinth" could also be a fun word to use in the title. It is basically interchangeable with "Maze" but holds not only a mythological meaning (it often makes people think of Greek Myths) and also may remind people of the cult classic movie, "Labyrinth."

But, depending on the tone of the game, you may or may not want to use it. "Labyrinth" is also often thought to be dark and dangerous, where "maze" is a word that a lot of people might associate with a more positive experience. By your use of terminology like "survivors" I was imagining that this would be the mood you were trying to set.

It's up to you, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps a title like, "Wander the Labyrinth" would be suitable.

Edit: I did want to re-iterate that "Maze Walkers" isn't necessarily a silly title, and reads perfectly well in English. Although, people may associate it with a much more upbeat or happy game, as we also have a phrase that might be associated with the title, "Mall Walkers". It's just something that I immediately thought of, but I am old and younger people may not have heard the term before.

As for the word "Walkers" it can hold some horror connotations due to that being what zombies are called in the hit TV show, "The Walking Dead" - so keeping "Walkers" in the title could be a good move in creating a horror atmosphere.

Heres a few of my suggestions, i hope they help :)

Passegeway

Dark Centre

Concrete Hell

Lost & Found

Darkness Explored

Confused & Beyond

Puzzlemind

Thread is 3 months old. Locking. Please don't necro.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement